Hassio + Raspberry PI 4 not booting

Following the guide https://www.home-assistant.io/getting-started/#installation

I downloaded the 32-bit version at https://github.com/home-assistant/hassos/releases/download/3.5/hassos_rpi4-3.5.img.gz, and used balenaEtcher to flash it into a Samsung EVO 64GB card.

Then, I inserted the card into my Raspberry PI 4, plugged in an Ethernet cable (DHCP supported).

However, the system didn’t seem to boot - no blinking green light, no signals on the Ethernet socket lights.

Tried to look for logs in the SD card, but didn’t find anything interesting. My router said the cable was plugged but no IP was assigned. It shouldn’t be a problem as my other RPI4 using Raspbian worked.

Tried the same thing many times but no luck.

Hassio looks to be a black box for me. How can I debug this problem?

Hook it up to a monitor and see the text that scrolls by, if any at all…

I am having the same issue as well. I installed a linux distro instead just to test the hardware and had no issues.

Currently my pi4 will not blink any green lights or display anything on my monitor. Just a solid red light.

The only difference is I downloaded (RC) Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 64bit

Part of me thinks I am just doing something stupid…

Hi,
I experienced the same thing. I used ethernet cable not WIFI.
But what i found out that that i needed to whait longer after pluging in the power.
It downloads the latest version of Home Assistant and installes this.

I also connected My RPI4 to my tv but now picture. Then i justed scanned my network for IPs to se if i found it. it Showed as HASSIO. Tried to connect with ip:8123 that worked.

I wasn’t able to get this work using Hassio.

I ended up installing Ubuntu and running HA as a Docker container.

I had a similar problem when connected to managed hub via copper/lan. To identify the IP, I first had to wind back the hub to 100M/bits and not utilise auto detect speeds on the port. Once this was done, the IP etc were found each time. Then I was able to go through setting up home automation. It does take some time to broadcast the Hassio onto the network with a more complicated network. Might help if you can lock you router port for the Hassio to a particular speed to at least get you to a configuration stage.