Hassio ssh server not working

I have installed hassio onto my raspberry pi 2 and it seems to be ok. I am able to view it w/ http://hassio.local:8123. But when I tried to install the SSH Server addon I am unable to connect w/ putty. I press the [start] button on the server screen and it changes to [restart] [stop] so I am convinced that it is working. However, when I try to connect w/ putty I get a network error: connection refused. In my putty script I use user name: hassio.local (copied and pasted) and port 22. It doesn’t work. What am I doing wrong. Thx.

If you are trying to connect with a userid and password, then the user should be root. The password will be whatever you set in the configuration options panel for the ssh server add-on.

{
“authorized_keys”: [],
“password”: “your password”
}

Where he said username: hassio.local I think he meant that is the host name. A connection refused… that means he has a configuration issue - it is refusing the connection.

I’m using an authorized key and my log for Hassio says:

starting version 3.2.2
[INFO] Setup authorized_keys
[INFO] Restore host keys
debug1: Set /proc/self/oom_score_adj from 0 to -1000
debug1: Bind to port 22 on 0.0.0.0.
debug1: Server TCP RWIN socket size: 87380
debug1: HPN Buffer Size: 87380
Server listening on 0.0.0.0 port 22.
debug1: Bind to port 22 on ::.
debug1: Server TCP RWIN socket size: 87380
debug1: HPN Buffer Size: 87380
Server listening on :: port 22.

It would be interesting to know what akaodin’s log says.

Maybe it’s connecting to something else? Not resolving the host name hassio.local? Maybe he could try the IP address as the host name for ssh…