Hassio_supervisor missing in Docker container

Hello everyone!
I have a problem where I accidentally deleted the hassio_supervisor container in docker.
Is it possible to recreate it or do I have to reinstall the whole HA?

Just run the install package again. You wont lose anything.

Literally just wait like 30 seconds. The host watchdog service will recreate it and start it again. I delete it all the time when I mess something up while doing development lol.

Which installer do you mean? I’m only asking because I used to install it from different scripts. I have a raspberry with touchscreen and HA running in docker.

Thanks, but it’s not solved that easily, the repair commands don’t run either.

This is in the home assistant OS subthread. Are you not running home assistant OS? I assumed you were.

If you are you should just have to wait like 30 seconds. Or reboot the host in the worst case so the startup services run again.

If you’re running HA in some other way then you’ll need to clarify how you installed HA

Sorry, I modified the category.

However, an HA running in a docker cannot be fixed by simply waiting or rebooting most of the time.

It would be very helpful if someone could describe what parameters hassio_supervisor is running in the docker.

I’m confused. Supervised and HAOS type installations use docker and include supervisor. They should automatically recreate the container when it was deleted.

Container type installations don’t include supervisor. If that’s the type of installation you had then I have no idea what was in the container you deleted but you’ll have to recreate it on your own.

Finally, here is the solution:

1. delete all containers and images

2. run this container:

sudo docker run -d --name=hassio_supervisor \
-v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \
-v /var/run/dbus:/var/run/dbus \
-e SUPERVISOR_NAME=hassio_supervisor \
-e HOMEASSISTANT_REPOSITORY=homeassistant/armv7-hassio-supervisor \
--security-opt seccomp=unconfined \
--privileged \
--restart always \
homeassistant/armv7-hassio-supervisor:latest

This container recreate all required containers and shortcuts.