HassOS 1.7 & Bluetooth LE Tracker

Updated to HassOS 1.7
Is it support Bluetooth LE Tracker from box? Or only Bluetooth Tracker? No information about new HassOS at https://www.home-assistant.io/components/device_tracker.bluetooth_le_tracker/ :frowning:

I havnt got it to work on Hassio / HassOS :frowning:

mine works fine, it is used as a sensor. Works pretty good.

LE version?

I’m using HassOs on a raspberry pi3

I’m running Hassio 0.75.2 on HassOS 1.9.

Here’s what happens when I try to use the BLE Tracker component:

2018-08-08 17:24:43 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package gattlib==0.20150805: Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-install-rqqaynq_/gattlib/
You are using pip version 10.0.1, however version 18.0 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.
2018-08-08 17:24:43 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.requirements] Not initializing device_tracker.bluetooth_le_tracker because could not install requirement gattlib==0.20150805
2018-08-08 17:24:43 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform device_tracker.bluetooth_le_tracker: Could not install all requirements.

Help, anyone? Thanks!!

You need to have ssh access and type following to fix the error message partially:

pip3 install --upgrade pip
pip3.6 install --upgrade pip

Both of them just in case, no idea which version is used so it is better to upgrade both.

But I just tested it and no luck with that. Just switched from propietary bt sensor beacon format to eddystone and having major difficulties with eddystone beacons. So figured out if I get this le tracker working, it is easier to troubleshoot further. And hitting a dead end here too.

This is what I tried:

pip install gattlib

fail, "No such file or directory: ‘pkg-config’

pip install pkg-config
pip install gattlib

And no luck, gcc is missing and installation falis. And did not find any way to install gcc so I’ll give up for now.

edit: Opened a bug before finally quitting: