"Heartbeat timeout" error in log?

Hi!

I have a RPi3 running HASS (using the All-in-One Installer). Everything works fine but I get a weird error in the home-assistant.log. It says:

WARNING (Thread-16) [pychromecast.socket_client] Heartbeat timeout, resetting connection

Full log here: https://codeshare.io/adkNlK

These errors seems to add up, making the home-assistant.log grow in size.

I have tried to search the forums but the threads I found offered no help. I have static IP for my devices (like my added Chromecasts).

Does anyone have a suggestion what could be wrong? I’ll try to install the new Hass.io but I guess the errors will come back.

1 Like

Hi n0ir,

I got the same messages in my log. Not sure if it’s related, but in my setup, my chromecast is powered by the USB port from my TV, which causes the Chromecast to poweroff when I turn off my TV. HASS does not know about that yet, causing a timeout, which results into these messages.

A way to suppress these would be nice though.

I see the same errors + warnings in my log about a Chromecast that’s plugged into the TV’s USB port. Makes sense that it turns on and off, but that ideally wouldn’t result in log spam. Don’t most people have their Chromecasts installed this way?

Running HA 0.53.0 on hassio.

I get it for each of my Google Home Mini’s. They are not going offline, but Hass.io has trouble connecting.

Same for a Sony TV integrated Chromecast. So I guess it is an issue not only for stand-alone Chromecast devices.

Again guessing, the devices turn off due built-in power saving.