Heaty will die, Schedy be born!

@radar, @TriStone and @blitzkneisser The open window detection now benefits from the various new expression helpers. You’re welcome to try it out.

EDIT:
And motion triggered lights do as well, of course, as that’s the exact same mechanism.

I sent you a PR with what i’m suggesting :wink:

@roschi, I deleted the heaty app but I still have the sensors it has created. Is there anything I can do to remove them easily without having to hide them explicitely?

If they’re still there after restarting Home Assistant, you can remove them manually from the database with the sqlite3 utility. You may need to install it first with the package manager of your distribution.

Stop Home Assistant and then execute:

sqlite3 .homeassistant/home-assistant_v2.db
delete from states where entity_id like "sensor.heaty%";

Then hit Ctrl+D and start Home assistant again.

@radar I don’t see any PR…

Strange. And now?

Thank you.

Yes, got it.

@baz123 and @taste You can now implement an algorithm with ahead-of-time evaluation of schedule snippets with the new schedule helpers: https://hass-apps.readthedocs.io/en/latest/apps/schedy/expressions/helpers/schedule.html

1 Like

Oh. I didn’t take a look at the code yet but maybe there could be an actor_expression (or something like that) keyword to define lists of actors using various criteria?

Thanks! I had read through that section as well but didn’t register that example.

@mairas Actors are created before any interaction is made with Home Assistant, hence that wouldn’t work as it is implemented right now. It even could cause a race condition when HA has just been started and the entity states haven’t been fully loaded yet.

Ok, here’s a short state update.

• The schedule-related expression helpers haven’t been fully tested yet.
  • The filter_entities state helper used for open window detection and motion triggered lights hasn’t been fully tested yet. I’m awaiting your feedback :slight_smile:

Release is scheduled when these new features can be considered tested and stable, will be before Christmas in any case.

So please, any feedback is highly appreciated.

Best regards
Robert

1 Like

Thanks a lot Robert I think it is amazing how fast you add new functionality, will give it a go this weekend!

Wonderfull responsiveness :wink:

No serious attempts until Christmas on my side :frowning:

Had some spare time this week to work on it, that’s why it happened so fast. And of course it’s appealing for Schedy to have these quite useful things implemented, even though I’m not utilizing all of them myself.

I’ve e.g. got no window or motion sensors here and can only simulate one with an input_boolean I toggle manually for testing, hence there’s always the chance of something not working as intended when used under heavy load in everyday life.

But anyway, the plan is to have a stable release ready before Christmas. Fixes for particular features can then be spread subsequently.

1 Like

Hi all,

The new stable release is out with Schedy.

Have fun!

Best regards
Robert

Hi Robert, Great news but could you post the link please, and the right documentation link as well?

[edit]
I updated my AppDaemon config from

"python_packages": [
    "https://github.com/efficiosoft/hass-apps/archive/master.zip"
]

To

"hass-apps"
]

and I get schedy v 0.1.0 - I do not think that is correct?

[edit2]
Updated to

"hass-apps==0.20181209.0"
  ]

and still shows schedy as v 0.1.0. Difficult to know what version it has actually picked up.

@baz123 That’s correct. As it’s the first release of Schedy, it’s v0.1.0.

As the release is out now, the stable documentation now points to that of v0.20181209.0 automatically.

Hi Robert , Ok thanks. It would be normal practise to update a version number if it had previously been out in the wild or to use a ‘beta’ nomenclature if you wanted to keep same number while developing. Just then demonstrates the release version is different to the development version :smile:

Really good though!

Thanks a lot. Will start implementing it in a production system. Unfortunately igor some other issues on my plate this weekend but will look into it soon
Marc