Heaty will die, Schedy be born!

That did the trick, thanks a lot!

Ah, and if you’re going to buy more thermostats, I can recommend the Eurotronic Spirit Z-Wave Plus ones, work really well for me and are not too expensive (well, at least in the Z-Wave world :/)

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll remember that for next time. I bought the thermostats two years ago, back then the Devolo ones were the best choice. And I don’t want to replace 10 Thermostats right now :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::astonished:

I just didn’t try other ones than the Spirit Z, but as long as it at least reports the target and current temperature back, everything should work. Operation modes just make controlling it more complex. :slight_smile:

OK… I have the latest verson from Github (yesterday evening) now now fully running in my house, everything works (almost) fine, I really like it. The only thing I saw was that apparently for some reason sometimes the statistics generation stops working until I restart the daemon, everything else works fine.
Are the statistics generated on a fixed time basis or by other means/triggers??

@blitzkneisser Hmm, without extensive debug logs and the exact time it stops working, I can’t say much about it. Statistics are generated after each state change, but not more often than every 3 seconds.

And, if you think it’s an issue with Schedy, please file an issue on Github.

@blitzkneisser Could you resolve the issue meanwhile? I plan to release a stable version of Schedy soon and would like to sort those kind of issues out first.

Not sure… seems to be a general stability problem. My OpenTherm gateway, home assistant and/or home assistant seem to stop or at least behave weirdly sometimes randomly. New raspy 3B+ with original power supply and brand new memory card. I’ll try a new setup with another SD-card.
As I’m the only one with that problem it doesn’t seem to be a general thing…

As I said, debug logs would help a lot. But for what it’S worth, I’m currently running it with 5 thermostats and have no issues at all, however that’s on an i3-7100, so plenty of computing power compared to a raspi.

Hello,

I posted a question in the Heaty thread but I’ve seen after that another thread is here to continue discussion, so I post it here too.

First of all, thanks for this great app.
I have few questions:

1. Is it possible to schedule multiple rooms at once?
  2. Is it possible to schedule something every two weeks/days?
  3. Is there anyway to enhance the thermostat algorithm and provide something smarter? I’m thinking of implementing a PID algorithm. Of course, I’ll be happy to help if someone with good knowledge in AppDaemon Apps dev can help me.
    Thanks again.

@radar

1. Read the docs. Keyword: IncludeSubSchedule
  2. Read the docs. Keyword: constraints
  3. Read the docs. This is nothing for Schedy to do, if you want to contribute something like a PID, the generic thermostat platform in Home Assistant is a good starting point.

Regards
Robert

Thanks @roschi. But I have to admit that your answer is a little bit rude.
Disclaimer: if I’m wrong in my answers or did not search well, please accept my apologies.

1- Could not find any IncludeSubSchedule keyword in the doc. Read the part on sub-schedules and, from what Iunderstood, it does not allow to apply one schedule for multiple rooms. Especially since there is one schedule per room.
2 - The only constraint I see that will allow to execute a schedule every two weeks seems to be weeks and from what I understood, it requires to enter the number of weeks I’d like the rule to be considered. If I want it for the even weeks, I have to put weeks: 2, 4, 6, 8, ... etc until 52. I know I can use an input_boolean but I was looking for a direct option.
3 - Thanks.

@radar

My answer wasn’t meant to be rude and I apologize if it seemed so. I just see people asking things that would become clear if they’d just read the documentation way to often.

1. There is a custom result type named IncludeSchedule, not IncludeSubSchedule - sorry, my fault. You could use it to include a common schedule at some point in the individual rooms’ schedules. Or you just define a single room with all the actors you want to keep in sync if you really want identical schedules.

2. There is no way to define something like e.g. */2 in a crontab, if that’s what you want. But you’d only have to write out the 2, 4, 6, ..., 52 once even when multiple consecutive rules should be constrained by it with the sub-schedule feature.

Regards
Robert

No problem.
Thanks for the answers and I understand what you mean about not reading the doc.

you could create a binary template sensor that shows odd or even weeks and use that in any automation you like.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I did.

Still learning HA. Could you post the binary sensor and schedy YAML snippets please?

Did some researching yesterday and it seems there are libraries available to help parse cron-style date specifications. Maybe I’ll allow using them instead of the range strings.

1 Like

Another topic: will the ‘motion_light’ app functionality also be included to Schedy? Not that it’s overly complicated to set up such a thing wit a few lines of Yaml, but as I have all my thermostats and time-controlled switches already in Schedy I’d like to have everything else in one place, if possible :slight_smile:

Actually, I did not exactly what @ReneTode suggested. I used an input_boolean which I toggle every friday noon.
Here is the automation in case you need it:

- alias: 'change state every friday noon'
  trigger:
    - platform: time
      at: '12:00:00'
  condition:
    condition: time
    weekday:
      - fri
  action:
    - service: input_boolean.toggle
      entity_id: input_boolean.myInputBoolean