Hekr Integration (Wisen, ELRO Connects) WIP

Hekr API Communicator

Home Assistant Hekr Component on GitHub

Preface

Hello everyone!

I’m developing a custom component for communicating with devices utilizing Hekr protocol. So far discovered platforms are Chinese HIKING TOMZN Power Meter and Elro Connects. The latter is not yet supported, however a soon-to-be future update will provide a theoretical integration.

Basic features

At this point in time, the component supports:

• installation via HACS;
  • configuration via YAML and GUI (Config Flow);
  • Cloud and LAN device communication
  • Supports following devices:
    • HIKING (TOMZN) DDS238-4 W Wireless power meter (single/triple phase)
      • Power meter state
      • Switch on/off
    • …more to come!

Elro Connects Implementation Status

I am looking for people owning Elro K1 (SF340A) connector to test implementation. Contact me here on the forum (or via email) would you be willing to aid in testing, or have any other suggestion about the add-on!

I have an Elro Connects K1 with 3 smoke detectors and 1 Co2 detector.
I’m a noob when it comes to HA but if I can test anything for you, just let me know.
Best regards,
Jeffrey

Can this be used with smoke and heat detectors?

Great initiative! I’ve got the Elro connects K1 device and a lot of smoke detectors, I would love to test some things in HA.

There’s some more people over here that use the K1 connector and are looking for this integration:

Hi there,

Same here, Elro connect with several smoke detectors. Would be awsome to get the status in Home Assistant!!

Willing to test if it could help you.

Thanks,
Wouter

Will be getting the products tomorrow. K1 hub with multiple smoke, heat and co alarms.

Will be available to test the integration!

I have the Elro connects K1.
1 heat sensor
10 smoke detectors
1 co2 sensor

If you need help let me know.

I’ve installed the repository but Hekr integration does not apear even if I try to add via configuration.yalm it doesn’t work. What am i doing wrong?

I’ve updated the repository and now I’ve managed to work. Now I’m looking for a way to build a historical chart with the data from the DDS-238-4w. Any ideas?

Has there been any progress on integrating Elro Connects?
I’m interested in this!

Hello all!

I’ve been trying to reach out to people to acquire an account for testing, however none of the recent e-mails got any follow-ups.

Development of ELRO is postponed due to lack of testing credentials. I will resume my work on the ELRO part of the integration once an account with access to a K1 gateway is available to me.

Should anybody be willing to assist with this matter (provide their own credentials temporarily), please, reach me via e-mail: [email protected]

I’m a noob… starter on Home Assistant. Have Elro K1 connector in combination with 3 smoke-, 1 heatdetector and 4 TRV. The TRV’s i’m trying to take over de controls (TRV) directly to HA…
I’ll am willing to aid in a test. Looking forward.

Hello there,

I’m working with this integration and it’s great Thanks again to Alexander for his job.
But I need some help to add/create import and export energy values.

I want to add them into energy dashboard.
As I produce electricity from solar panel the Total Consumption is not correct.
=> When I produce solar electricity the consumption is negative (it’s fine) but total consumption continue to rise. But on the contrary it must decrease.

Can I get that? Or make some kind of maths?

Thanks a lot

Hi guys, I have Hiking DDS238-4 meter hooked up to Wisen phone APK, I have seen mention of this in this discussion, did you guys managed to implement this integration into HA?

Hi, my meter is connected over wifi, I have configured device ID and control key, but getting error: Invalid host name, where should I get host name? Currently I left it as is from your example: home-power-meter.lan

Configuration 's the following:

hekr:
  devices:
    - host: 192.168.1.26
      device_id: ESP_2M_bla bla
      control_key: key taken from wisen
      protocol: power_meter
      sensors:
        - general
        - detailed
        - status
        - current_consumption
        - total_consumption
        - voltage
        - current
        - power_factor
        - active_power
        - reactive_power
      switches: main_power

Updated hostname to IP address and got the following error:

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: custom_components.hekr
Source: custom_components/hekr/__init__.py:220
Integration: Hekr (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 09:35:31 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 09:35:31

API exception while setting up config entry ff10985d5d2ff03ad401a0071740a89b
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/hekr/__init__.py", line 220, in async_setup_entry
    await device.open_connection()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/hekrapi/device.py", line 694, in open_connection
    await connector.open_connection()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/hekrapi/device.py", line 341, in open_connection
    raise ConnectionTimeoutException('Connector on %s timed out (waited for %d seconds to establish '
hekrapi.exceptions.ConnectionTimeoutException: Connector on <HekrApi:LocalConnector(192.168.1.26:10000)> timed out (waited for 5 seconds to establish connection with the host)

Have a look at: