Help - Update Error updating from 50.2 to 51.2

Any help greatly appreciated that would get me past this following issue…

Collecting homeassistant
  Downloading homeassistant-0.51.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (7.3MB)
    100% |████████████████████████████████| 7.3MB 39kB/s 
.Collecting aiohttp==2.2.5 (from homeassistant)
  Downloading aiohttp-2.2.5.tar.gz (788kB)
    100% |████████████████████████████████| 798kB 344kB/s 
    Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
      File "/tmp/pip-build-ntu8q3i8/aiohttp/setup.py", line 29, in <module>
        extensions = cythonize(extensions)
      File "/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/Cython/Build/Dependencies.py", line 790, in cythonize
        ctx = c_options.create_context()
      File "/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/Cython/Compiler/Main.py", line 585, in create_context
        self.cplus, self.language_level, options=self)
      File "/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/Cython/Compiler/Main.py", line 75, in __init__
        from . import Builtin, CythonScope
      File "/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/Cython/Compiler/CythonScope.py", line 5, in <module>
        from .UtilityCode import CythonUtilityCode
      File "/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/Cython/Compiler/UtilityCode.py", line 3, in <module>
        from .TreeFragment import parse_from_strings, StringParseContext
      File "/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/Cython/Compiler/TreeFragment.py", line 21, in <module>
        from . import Parsing
    ImportError: /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/Cython/Compiler/Parsing.cpython-34m.so: ELF file data encoding not little-endian

----------------------------------------
Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-ntu8q3i8/aiohttp/

Getting a bit frustrated, I love home-assistant and get that this is in development, but my experience with updates recently has been very bad (every update appears to be a new adventure). I would like to avoid a re-install, which is what I performed the last two times… HELP

Gordon

I got a similar issue and when I followed this everything was solved:

UPGRADING

To upgrade the All-In-One setup manually:

Login to Raspberry Pi ssh pi@your_raspberry_pi_ip
Change to homeassistant user sudo su -s /bin/bash homeassistant
Change to virtual enviroment source /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/bin/activate
Update Home Assistant pip3 install --upgrade homeassistant
Type exit to logout the hass user and return to the pi user.

Then everything worked after reboot of the Pii

1 Like

I am 100% certain that this is not my issue, but thanks. I believe my issue is related to one of two things…

1.) My error is “error 1”, which is Operation not permitted. The error is also on dependency, “Cython”, which I am wondering if this was possibly altered during the zwave portion of the AIO Installer?

If you look at the import error --> ImportError: /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/Cython/Compiler/Parsing.cpython-34m.so: ELF file data encoding not little-endian

How does this happen??

2.) My other thought is that some other install not related to home assistant is the cause. In this case, since this is fresh install (not even two weeks old) not much has been done. After install I also setup lets encrypt (as home assistant user), ddclient, and configured my mosquito instance.

Of these two, the only thing that makes sense to me is item 1. But I don’t know enough about the python installer and how to proceed. Can or should I re-install zwave? Can I or should I downgrade? Can or should I uninstall/re-install home assistant?

The only thing I am trying to avoid here is complete re-image install as this is a PITA and I have had my share of experience doing this. I want to learn how to properly diagnose and resolve this…

Apologies if this is a newb question, however I believe I had the same exact issue as you had.

Unable to upgrade from 50.2 to 51.2
Now I am unable to upgrade from 50.2 to 52.

First I installed HA from the HassIO all in one installation
I can see that the update is available on my Dashboard at http://myipaddress:8123/hassio
I push the button, wait a few minutes. Get an “unknown” error.

Currently all that I have in my HomeAssistant is my Denon AVR that was auto discovered.

I SSHed onto the RPi that HassIO was installed.
I tried running the update manually as described above

Change to homeassistant user sudo su -s /bin/bash homeassistant
Change to virtual enviroment source /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/bin/activate
Update Home Assistant pip3 install --upgrade homeassistant
Type exit to logout the hass user and return to the pi user.

However seeing how I am running a different version of Linux, it does not appear that I have the following commands: sudo and pip3. There is no user called homeassistant preconfigured. Prior to screwing anything up I stopped there.

To be honest, in this version, I am not even sure how to access the HA “console” to see the commands running live to be able to continue troubleshooting the issue.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Matrelom