Hildebrandglow - Smart Meters - SMETS2

Tons of thanks, this is awesome! For anyone as grateful, go for a coffee for @HandyHat but also many many thanks to @ColinRobbins and any other contributor :slight_smile:

1 Like

My gas meter randomly sends massive usage values at midnight, hildebrand are looking at ways to suppress this data but in the meantime is there any way to modify this integration so I can throw any values away over 10kw for example?

I would suggest using a template sensor.

Hi, am in the UK and have just got setup with Hildebrand via the iOS app and had the HACS version of the plugin up and running (apart from what looks like an API outage today). What’s the current advice on using the HandyHat vs the @ColinRobbins fork at the point in time? I’m not getting tarrif cost data from the ‘main’ version - is it possible to manually override this in the forked version. Do I care at this point about KWh vs m3 for gas usage?

@hainesy Hey Mark. To my knowledge, Colin’s fork exists because he has done a lot of work on this, but his work should all be merged in into the original HandyHat.

The tarriff cost can take a few days before it shows up in Hildebrand app. Once that happens, it will start showing in HA

Hope this helps

Everything in my fork has been merged in the the @HandyHat original.
(There is a minor enhancement to error handling pending in a pull request outstanding - but it does not affect normal operation).

1 Like

Great, understood - thanks! The connection data seems to have broken again for last day or so, am debating whether to get one of their USB sticks and pull it in realtime instead…

I have their CAD and that only works when their MQTT feed is working and that only came back online around 1pm today after a 2+ day outage.

Ah, interesting - I was looking into getting one of those to get realtime feed instead - this is the USB stick version yes? It sounds like it’s still reliant on their cloud though? Have you found them to be generally reliable or is the outage this week something that happens often?

I have the CAD which is their IHD display device. Since getting it early last year there have been a few outages lasting a few hours/overnight but they are quickly resolved. This is their biggest outage that I have experienced but then their firewall died so needed to be replaced.

Their MQTT feed is free so we cannot complain too much, local access would be good so maybe this may prompt that :grinning:

Just started trying to use their free API but i’m also only getting 1 update a day in the early hours. I was under the impression it should be half hourly?

I think something is not right, I am seeing the same thing Mark, but before this was every 30 mins. I suspect there are issues with the Hildebrandglow api cause i am also having issues using their own app.

There is currently an issue with the Glow API, discussed on the Glow Forum, meaning there is only 1 update per day instead of every half hour.

It is not clear when or even IF they are going to resolve it for free users.

Update from Clive at Glow … You should be seeing half hour data now.

Yes - working for me now!

For those interested I have created a HASS OS addon for my Glow to MQTT script. I tend to prefer a de-centralised approach when it comes to Home Assistant so things remain available when HASS is down or restarting so most of my scripts use MQTT and auto discovery rather than direct integration. Each to their own… This script simply bridges the Glowmarkt broker with your local broker with the addition of automatic MQTT discovery and support for negative consumption values (for those with solar panels etc…)

You can find the addon here: https://github.com/scooter1556/hass-addons

2 Likes

Hi

I need help.

I had this setup and everything was working well.
Then they had their outage.
Now, I cannot get the data to go into HA Energy page. The sensors read OK and I can get nice bar graphs of daily readings into lovelace dashboard, but whenever I try to add the sensors to HA Energy tab, all I get is ‘last_reset missing’ error - I dont know how to fix it and im tearing my hair out as I really thought this bit had potential.

I have tried to reinstall multiple times the addon but get nowhere.

please can someone help and tell me what I should be putting into configuration.yaml, or is there somtehing else I need to tick/setup.

eagerly awaiting your input.

You can add that setting in the customize.yaml file manually to add it

sensor.gas_m3:
      last_reset: ‘1970-01-01T00:00:00.000000+00:00’

Hi

Thanks for this.

I finally managed to get it working by removing the integration then deleting it’s files from ha.

Then once I managed to install it again via hacs it just works

Just for clarification’s sake, adding a last_reset value is no longer needed for the integration because the sensors have a state_class of total_increasing - see: Sensor Entity | Home Assistant Developer Docs (home-assistant.io)

If anyone else is having this issue, please say here or open an issue!