Hive Integration

I have a couple of questions
a) What does this custom component give me that I donā€™t get from the standard integration
b) If I install this custom component, what happens to the entities I currently have using the standard integration?

The documentation at https://github.com/Pyhive/HA-Hive-Custom-Component is not clear on this.

Iā€™m looking at trying out this extension mainly because using the standard integration offline hive lights show as ā€˜onā€™ - an issue I have been patiently waiting to be fixed but nothing seems to be happening ( https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/21208 )
Will offline hive lights show as ā€˜offā€™ if I use this custom component?

Is anyone else having issues with the Hive integration today? I noticed this morning that I couldnā€™t control my heating and when I tried to restart HA I noticed that is now showing as Unavailableā€¦ tried to upgrade HA to the latest version and tried both the custom integration beta and non Betaā€¦

Nothing on the logs :frowning:

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Yup same problem here. Stopped working about 11pm UK time last night.

Same issue here, 11pm last night. Glad to see Iā€™m not the only one.

1 Like

Ah, so its not just me. Iā€™ll stop messing with my settings.

1 Like

Yep I was the same :stuck_out_tongue:
Checked the api status on the Hive page and all seems to be working, wondering if Hive will be the next in line to ā€œlockdownā€ their api like most of the iot products these days? :frowning: Iā€™m starting to see a trendā€¦

Similar issues reported over on the Smartthings integration forums:

looks like the API has been closed GRR https://beekeeper-uk.hivehome.com = {ā€œmessageā€:ā€œForbiddenā€}

As with others - stopped working for me tooā€¦

That Forbidden might be expected since Iā€™m getting this

{ā€œmessageā€:ā€œMissing Authentication Tokenā€}

on
https://beekeeper-uk.hivehome.com/1.0/global/login

But wouldnā€™t surprise me that they would close itā€¦ after all it is a ā€œUnofficial APIā€ :frowning:

Missing Authentication Token is an AWS message when thereā€™s a fault (by design or accidental) with the domain linking through to the running code.

The question is whether it was intentional or not.

1 Like

I thought Iā€™d give their online support a try.

Me: ā€œI was wanting to find out if you have switched off the API? My home automations that use it have stopped working.ā€
Them: ā€œPlease elaborate what is an API?ā€

Sheesh!

Frustratingly this appears dead for me today too. Just as weā€™re approaching the heating season, so a perfect reminder of why I chose Home Assistant and why the cloud-only thermostat needs to go.

It looks like Hive have introduced a SSO system and no longer use the /login call to get a token.
Looks like this integration will need work if possible to integrate with hive sso

iā€™ll take a quick look now, see if there is anything obvious

3 Likes

its not looking good.
I dont think it will be a simple thing to fix.
as MagicalTrev89 said, it looks like they have switched the authentication method to include SSO, so the old authentication method no longer works.

I am not sure I fully understand it, but it looks like the authentication destination is different, plus the password is encrypted before sending. After that it all looks to be pretty much the same.

It will need someone much more knowledgeable in this new authentication method than me to fix this unfortunately

If it canā€™t be fixed has anyone tried Hive via Alexa or Google Home? I already control my garage door via SmartThings as there was no native HA integration and it works a treat.

Thanks for having a look at this. :slight_smile:

Once again its kinda poor that Hive made this change and yet another company that couldnā€™t care less about opensource :frowning:

Iā€™m assuming this will break the default Hive integration from HA also right? Wondering if we could get some help from someone from the core? Just an idea, I would love to help, but this way of my expertise, sorryā€¦

Yes it will impact the default hive integration (the custom component just replaces the sensors entities with more sensors that were not allowed in the core hive platform)

Tried to use Alexa through node red to control it but that doesnt seem to be working either. I guess their skill has broken too.