Hive Integration

Excellent - not great timing for me as I just got it all working! Heating was installed today - all working using the legacy custom_components. Looking forward to support for the coloured bulbs - keen to test if you would like me to. Another excuse for me to play with the raspberry pi at the weekend!
By the way - I have the homebridge plugin working nicely as well so now I can change the scenes direct from siri.

I’m not sure if I’m mistaken, but was the heating boost a working button before?

Hi @Dan1,

Good to hear you got it all working.

Hopefully the coloured bulb support should be in the next release we do of the Hive integration, but I am not sure when that will be. But for sure it will only be included in the official distribution of home assistant rather than a custom component…

Hi @DZMM

Unfortunately we have never had a heating boot button working before with our custom components.

But, I am working on something that should hopefully give a small level of boost functionality to heating and hotwater with the next release we make of the Hive integration. Unfortunately the available options are pretty restricted.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. I upgraded to the latest release - and nothing is broken (other than losing battery levels etc from the sensors as expected). One thing I wasn’t clear about - I don’t seem to be able to set the temperature of the light either (though it is reported), is that expected?

Hi @Dan1

Have you copied across the custom component sensor file after the upgrade? This should put back the battery levels.

With regards to the light temperature, I think someone else had this, but not sure on the fix, although doing the following wont harm:

• shutdown home assistant service
  • delete from the custom_component folder a folder called __pycache__ and hive.py if exists
  • in each subfolder under custom_component folder delete __pycache__ if exists and hive.py if exists
  • if you would like the extra sensors, download from GitHub the sensor custom component and copy to custom_components\sensor folder
  • restart home assistance service

I am running Hass.io on a raspberry PI 2 so guess I have to wait for that to be upgraded to 5.9 before I can use the “official” version. Any idea how long the upgrades take, this is a great function and really useful, now I have had the tease of the development codes I really want the upgrade

They were usually a few hours to a day after the announcement, once the core version is released Pascal turns it into the hass.io version. He was moving house last week and it got a bit behind, I’m sure normal service will be resumed once he’s settled.

To be honest, it’s usually a benefit to be a day or so late as you’ll generally miss any problems from broken components if they occur, you’ll see there is often a .1 release within a day, previously issues have seen users have been locked out of HA altogether. It can just be frustrating if there is a new component you were waiting for but at least in this case we already had the component and it’s mainly just a change in the way it’s delivered.

Thanks very much for the info. Well keep my eyes peeled for the update

@Dan1

Are you using the official version of hive or the custom component. So you can see the colour temp and it’s reported correctly but it won’t let you change it?

@Khole - That is correct - I did a clean install of 0.59.1 (by clean install I mean a completely new user and separate environment). I copied over only the Groups, Automations and Scenes I had already created - and mostly it worked immediately. Some automations needed to be updated to use ‘on’ and ‘off’ rather than ‘MOTION’ and ‘NO MOTION’.
If I set the colour temp via HIVE app, I see the new temp in home assistant, However if I try to set the colour temp from home assistant it is ignored.

A quick update - I notice in the log that when I change the brightness there is always an Event state_changed raised shortly after the service call. Where as the call to the colour temp change does not.
update #2 - I checked out the pyhiveapi you put together - again thank you for all your efforts! I can see the same issue there if I use the api direct (I added an issue - hope that is ok)

This is great news, i have been waiting to get hive working for ages but with using hass i didnt.

So have set it up and wondered if anyone has cone across the hive leak sensors before as a couple of months Britsh Gas sent me one and asked me to beta test it so if anyone wants any info let me know.

Just reporting in that heating and water working as they should be under hass.io 59.1.

For some reason the new ‘devices’ didn’t appear on initial restart and the old sensors were still there but all appeared correctly on the second.

1 Like

Hi @Penketh

I think I remember hearing about it once, but today it is not on the product page on the Hive website, is it still in beta and yet to be released?

good to hear @Bobby_Nobble, thanks for confirming all is working on hass.io

Thanks - I wasn’t sure. Would defo be nice to have a way of boosting the heating if you crack it

Agreed on the boost function would be great. Hassio upgraded now, thanks for some great work guys

1 Like

I think with the leak sensor they only list them as a plan, rather than a stand alone product.

Also noticed this in the FAQ’s:

Does my Hive Leak Sensor require connection to the Hive hub?
No, the Hive Leak Sensor is connected securely through your home Wi-Fi network.

interesting. it does look like a completely separate product / service completely detached from everything else. It mentions an app so maybe it could be included in the normal hive data, I cant see a separate app in the store for this, only the camera

Hi Rendili, Thanks a lot for the developments.
I have followed the steps above and added hive.py in the sensor folder but with no success (even after a restart of Hass)
I’m running hass v0.59.2

Error message in my log:
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/sensor/hive.py”, line 7
!DOCTYPE html
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax