Hive Integration

How did you download the file?

Right click on hive.py and save as.

That’s what i thought you’d say :slight_smile:

You downloaded the web page that links to, go back to this level and use the download button…

1 Like

Yep all working… What a m*ron I am.
Thanks for your patience

And tanks for all the fantastic developments you guys are doing

No probs, only knew because I’ve been there myself in the past :slight_smile:

Hi @Marco_Elgordo

thanks, glad you are up and running with it now.

and thanks @Bobby_Nobble :slight_smile:

Sorry been busy. Yeh dosent see to be public yet. Anyhows seems mine has died yesterday and have had an email to say a replacement is being sent so no idea whats happened

ah ok.

I had an update to the standard Hive app on my phone a day or two ago and it mentioned some fixes for the leak sensor, so it sounds like the leak sensor data is in the normal API data, so it should be possible to integrate this too in to the Hive HA integration.

It’s a separate subscription but is integrated into the main Hive app. Unlike the re-branded Samsung Hive camera which uses its own app.

thanks @GreenTurtwig, I thought it sounded something like that, thanks for the confirmation.

No problem :cat2:

I spy with my little eye, something beginning with ‘B’

Excited for r2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

:wink:

(hoping that r2 makes it in for the last HA release of the year)

1 Like

That and the Alexa smart home skill would do me for Christmas :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

sorry @Bobby_Nobble, r2 did not make it in to the latest (and I think the last of the year) release of HA

1 Like

No worries but appreciate the nod, have a great Christmas.

:slight_smile: thanks, and you

Hi - Just as a baseline, I’ve got HA running on a RPi with the ‘new’ Hive integration with a hub and 2 lights, and all’s working well with that setup, but I’d like to try & extend it such that it could cope with two separate Hive accounts (each with a hub and two lights).

I’ve so far attempted this by copying the hive.py’s in (from memory) components/, lights/ & sensors/ to hive1.py’s and tweaking the DOMAIN & DATA_HIVE values, but while I can use either hive or hive1 in the configuration, when I attempt to use both (with different accounts) I end up with one of the accounts devices duplicated, rather than a mix of both.

Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions for what I might be overlooking?

Hi @gwynevans,

The only thing I can think of to try if you haven’t already is update the following line in each of the platform files (climate, sensor, light):

from homeassistant.components.hive import DATA_HIVE

to

from homeassistant.components.hive1 import DATA_HIVE

But I think the Hive integration would need a significant code update to support more then one Hive instance natively.