Hive Integration

My mistake, it is a Hive motion sensor. Swap Kasa for Hive above. Kasa/TP-Link confusion caused by me wanting to turn a TP-Link light on from the Hive sensor.

Hello

Hopefully i have this right, @Khole is the expert in this area, but I think this is currently an issue with the version of the current library we have in use with the current version of Home Assistant and that Hive changed the way sensor information is stored and retrieved in the Hive API.

@Khole has made a load of updates to our library so as to handle the new way the sensor data is stored in the API and retrieved from the API.
These updates will be made live in the next release we make of the Hive integration, which hopefully will be with Home Assistant 0.65

2 Likes

Ye @rendili is right hive have changed the way they send motion sensor data to there api. There is a library version in development to fix this issue. We are currently working on putting the last fixes in for this. Sorry I havnt got back to you sooner.

1 Like

Not at all. I look forward to the upgrade. Hopefully this new API will be instant rather than the old way of doing things ?

Just for now I have Hive email me when there’s motion. This email gets picked up by imap_email_content which in turn fires the trigger. It works but the delay Is a couple of seconds. Ok for most uses, not so great for turning on a light…

@peter_h

I’m afraid it won’t be instant we will still be constrained by the default 2 minute wait between api calls. The only way to speed that up is override it in your home assistant hive config and reduce it to a shorter wait time.

Ah, that’s a shame. Is there any way of getting a Hive Sensor to “instantly” turn on a TP-Link bulb ?

Alternatively, is there a TP-Link version of the Hive Motion Sensor that will work instantly with a TP-Link bulb (that costs about the same) ?

I’m trying to do this without adding any more Routers/Switches/Hubs. This means no “z-route”, just WiFI and software.

Changing the light fitting to take a Hive bulb would be the obvious choice. However, I feel this would be far too expensive. The new fitting wouldn’t match the door handles, which wouldn’t match the flooring, which makes the walls and ceiling look tired etc. etc…

Hmm, so Hive now has a section called “works with” and allows you connect a Philips Hue bridge on the network. Quite a surprising move. :cat2:

I wish they’d open it up but I know that’s not going to happen, it’s been over two years and we still don’t have a public API…

What type of bulb is the TP-Link one?

It’s a LB110 with E27 screw. I’d not heard of it. Shame it’s not a GU10 - Hive are doing them now…

if you use a pi for your HA server, you could use a z-wave usb stick and then there are a number of options for z-wave sensors. This would not mean any extra routers, switches or hubs.

I have an aeotec usb z-wave stick and am pretty impressed with it and their sensors.

Looks to be much the same size as a standard e27 bulb that Hive do do, what makes it different enough to need a new fitting?

You’re right, the Hive E27 did the trick. Thanks Bobby and others. I was being daft after all…

1 Like

Did these changes make it into the most recent HA aversion? I’m still unable to get the motion sensors to work. Thanks

Not quite sure where to post but I have figured out how to access the RTSP streams from the Gen1 Hive Cameras (Samsung Smartcam rebranded). Add the following to your config:

camera:
  - platform: ffmpeg
    ffmpeg_bin: /usr/bin/avconv
    input: -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://admin:<camera password>@ambarella.local:554/onvif/profile4/media.smp
    extra_arguments: -an -frames:v 1 -c:v mjpeg -q:v 2
    name: Hallway Camera
  - platform: ffmpeg
    ffmpeg_bin: /usr/bin/avconv
    input: -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://admin:<camera password>@ambarella-2.local:554/onvif/profile4/media.smp
    extra_arguments: -an -frames:v 1 -c:v mjpeg -q:v 2
    name: Kitchen Camera

Where “amberalla.local” us usually the 1st camera you have, then “amberalla-2.local” will be the second and so on.

Changing “profile4” in the URL will give you various formats, i.e. low/high definition, with embedded timestamp, etc.

You will need to setup ffmpeg/avconv as per the docs.

Hi @perimore

No it hasn’t been released yet all coding has been completed and 90% tested. We need somebody who has heating Mulizone heating to test the last bit. Our usual tester is unavailable at the minute. As soon as we get that last bit tested we can create a request to Home assistant to include it in the next release. Sorry for the delay with this one.

No worries, thanks. I will have multizone heating in around a month so happy to help when I can.

I have Hive multizone. What’s involved in helping to test? I’d be happy to try and help out.

Hi @perjury

Thanks for the offer it would require you to overwrite some of your home assistant files with dev ones. We have been able to test it now thanks for the offer and I will keep you in mind for the future.

Hi, will the motion sensor code merge soon?

Thanks

Hi @perimore

We are hoping that it is soon. We submitted a request for the change to be merged last week. We are waiting for comments/response from a HA reviewer.