Hive Integration

The built in one

@icewraithuk

Ahh the built in integration does not have the ability to include or exclude entities or domains.

HI,
Just noticed that the Hive smart plug do power draw when turned on.
Is this possible to add as a sensor on it own?

Piansom - I am trying to set up the hot water boost via HA. Have you this set up as an automation? Any chance you could post the relevant parts of your automation file?

Hi @tipperary

Iā€™m afraid Iā€™ve pretty much stopped using automations these days, and moved to AppDaemon. However, I still have this commented out in my automations.yaml:

#- id: 02_toms_water_button
#  alias: 02 Tom's water
#  trigger:
#    platform: state
#    entity_id:
#      - switch.dash_fabreze__tom_water
#    to: 'on'  
#  action:
#    - service: climate.set_operation_mode
#      data:
#        entity_id: climate.hot_water
#        operation_mode: 'on'
#    - service: notify.pian_phone
#      data:
#        title: "Thomas needs a wash!"
#        message: "Febrie button was pushed"
#    - delay: 00:45:00
#    - service: climate.set_operation_mode
#      data:
#        entity_id: climate.hot_water
#        operation_mode: 'auto'

Just in case itā€™s not obvious, when a particular Amazon Dash button is hit then the boost starts by moving the water mode to on, my phone is notified, we wait 45 mins and then move the water back to auto.

I didnā€™t use the boost function but hopefully this will get you there.

2 Likes

I have it working with the proper hive boost by using ifttt to trigger it.

1 Like

Thanks PianSom and Bobby_Nobble. Have it working perfectly now based on Piansomā€™s code, which I guess has the advantage that it will work even if the internet is down, and also allows me to customise the length of time the boost is on for.

2 Likes

Good to hear, my main reason for going the other way were so itā€™s easy to cancel from the Hive widget that the missus likes using :roll_eyes:

Iā€™ve just installed a fresh hassio (0.82.1) install on my Raspberry pi 3.

In my configuration.yaml file iā€™ve included

hive:
username: [email protected]
password: XXXXXX

The username does include a - and the password does include a #.

When i save and restart, i look in Dev-Info and the hive component has loaded. I look in dev-state however and cannot see any hive entities.

There is nothing in the log under dev-info to indicate that the component is not loading or the credentials are wrong, i can confirm of course the credentials are correct as iā€™m able to login to the portal.

Iā€™ve tried clearing the hive components, rebooting and re-adding but nothing. Iā€™ve had a google and no one else seems to have these issues.
Iā€™ve also created a new hive account that does not have - in the domain and this is also not showing anything in states.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why i cannot see the hive components?

Hi @Nyfanwy

What hive devices do you have in your setup?

Hi Khole,

I have the (older) hive hub to control the heating and hot water, 3 light bulbs, a wall plug and a motion sensor. All are linked to the account but the wall plug has not been connected for a while.

We also have a hive extension thing that plus into the wall but this does not show in the hive app

@Nyfanwy

Do you not see anything of these devices when the component loads or is it just certain ones?

Hi @Khole,

I donā€™t see any devices. I look in the dev-state and there are no hive, hive heating, climate or anything else that indicates hive is connected. I have other device states that are not related to hive at all

@Nyfanwy

What version of the thermostat do you have?

All the other devices shold be represented by there names in hive. So if you had a light called bedroom in hive I would expect a device to be created on home assistant called light.bedroom.

Are the lights showing if you look in the dev states for light.(name of device in hive app)?

@Khole,

I have the 1st version of the Hive hub.

Below is what i see when viewing the dev-state in hassio.
Nothing shows when i search entities for hive or lights or the names of any devices i have in the hive app
Current entities
Entity State Attributes

Filter entities

Filter states
configurator.plex_media_server configure
group.default_view off
group.living_room off
group.bedroom off
media_player.living_room_tv off
media_player.living_room_tv_2 playing
media_player.bedroom_tv off
persistent_notification.notification notifying
sun.sun below_horizon

This is the first oneā€¦

If that is what you have, that doesnā€™t have all the functionality of the newer one but I donā€™t know if that affects this component.

Yep thatā€™s the one we have!

I had this setup and working on a previous version of hassio so I know it used to work!

@Nyfanwy

I am not sure if it is the hub version. But this is strange I have never seen anyone who can load the component but not see anything it must be data related.

The only thing I can suggest is going to the hivehome website and pulling your data off for me to review if you are ok with that?

I can show you how to get the data yourself if you want?

Other than that if HA isnā€™t showing any errors or complaint about anything not sure what else I can do.

@Khole

How would I pull of the data to share with you?
Iā€™ll pull it off to have a look through whatā€™s in it and possibly send it over!

I might just do another fresh install and load it as the first component to see if thereā€™s a conflict with anything Iā€™ve done so far

Hi @Nyfanwy

To pull your own data follow the below steps.

1. Open the Chome browser and navigate to Hive site.

2. Login to the Hive site.

3. Navigate to any product you have setup in Hive (Below is my landing sensor)

4. Right click anywhere on the page and choose inspect element.

5. Choose the network option in the dev tools that appears

6. You should see a list of api calls being made by the browser.

If you select the devices and the products calls, On the right hand side of the call there will be a window if you select preview it will show the response form the API. This will show you all the data that the hive component receives when it makes an API call in Home Assistant.

You should be able to copy this to a text editor and review your data. if you screen grab some of the sections like type of device in there and message me privately I can tell if it is supported in the code. I understand if you donā€™t want to share any of it. Everybody has their own view on sharing data I am guarded about sharing mine. I completely understand and respect whatever you want to do.