Hive Integration

Hi @Richard.S,

If you try what @Craig86 mentioned and it still does not work, it may be worth just trying the basic configuration in the configuration file and testing that.
If you remove the devices section of the configuration file and have only:

hive:
  username: YourHiveUserName
  password: YourHivePassword

This will add all devices it find and not exclude anything.
As soon as you add the optional devices configuration it will only add those device types listed.

Another thing, if that still does not work, are there any entries / errors in your log file after restarting HA?

Hi @PianSom,

I would love to add support for boost, but currently don’t know how. As far as I can tell the HA climate device does not support a separate Boost setting, so I think the only thing would be to change the current Boost sensor to another HA device type to enable taking input for making things happen.
I don’t know which device type would be good, but the InputSelect has potential but I have no idea how to take a component at the top level and creating a customcomponent of it so that I could define set menu options and python def behind that do make things happen. I think if this could be achieved then you might be able to do what you suggest.

As you mentioned, you can always to the heating mode to on for a while then turn back to schedule

Hi @rendili and @Craig86

Success. I’m sure I cleared the cache 3 or 4 times today, but anyway downloaded the files again, cleared cache and removed all the devices from the config file. I can now see the all the active plugs, I’ll test for a few days and report back.

I’m hoping I can get this to work with Homebridge and make Siri do the hard work!

Thanks for the help!

Richard

1 Like

Hi @Richard.S,

Glad to hear its all working, thanks for the update :slight_smile:

Siri is working with Homebridge and the Home Assistant plugin.

Managed to turn lights and fan on and off connected (via the Active Plugs).

This also give the ability to add “scene” with the iOS “Home” app and control multiple switch, heating temp, hotwater with just “Goodnight”.

Sad, I know but had to share, I’m very excite this, I’ve been waiting a long time for this!

So thank you everyone involved with this project! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks to the info and testing by @PianSom we now have a small update which enables multi zone Hive installations better.
It displays the zone name to the UI and also add this name as a suffix to the EntityID and fixes a couple of bugs with the multiple device implementation of the climate devices.
The update really only brings in fixes and changes relevant to those with multi zone installations, but for those without the naming of the climate and sensors in the UI has been slightly updated to remove the “Hive” prefix from each one, but all EntityIDs stay the same.

If you have more than one zone, after updating you will need to update any group or configuration yaml and any automations to reference the new EntityIDs as they will be updated to suffix the zone name at the end of each EntityID (climate and sensors)

It is only the climate, sensor and main files updated, but I have added all

As before, just download and copy the files to the relevant locations and rename as below:

• Download and copy the hive_main.yaml (81.2 KB) file to “/custom_components/hive.py” taking care to change the file name from hive_main.yaml to hive.py
  • Download and copy the hive_climate.yaml (6.5 KB) file to “/custom_components/climate/hive.py” taking care to change the file name from hive_climate.yaml to hive.py
  • Download and copy the hive_sensor.yaml (21.7 KB) file to “/custom_components/sensor/hive.py” taking care to change the file name from hive_sensor.yaml to hive.py
  • Download and copy the hive_light.yaml (5.6 KB) file to “/custom_components/light/hive.py” taking care to change the file name from hive_light.yaml to hive.py
  • Download and copy the hive_switch.yaml (3.1 KB)* to “/custom_components/switch/hive.py” taking care to change the file name from hive_switch.yaml to hive.py
2 Likes

Thanks for all you hard work on this :smiley:

Is there any way we can pick up the motion sensors? https://www.hivehome.com/products/hive-motion-sensor

If you have any suggestions on where to start looking I don’t mind having a go at it :slight_smile:

Hi @ganey

Yes there is a way, to add motion sensors. I am currently in the process of adding support for hive motion and door sensors to this component. The only downside to adding the sensors to the component is the component calls the API every 2 minutes, by default but can be overridden by a line in the config to a persons preferance. Because there is a time duration between API calls if a sensor is triggered HA won’t know about the change until the next API call.

So the sensor in HA might only be useful for delayed automation or automations that don’t need to be triggered instantly when a sensor has been triggered.

I’ve wrote a node->MQTT thing for the sensors https://www.npmjs.com/package/hive-watcher I’ve got it running every 15s not quite instant but as fast as the API will support (I find it a slow api), I’m using it to update light state, and get tempreature and motion from my motion sensor

Latest versions seem to be working fine for me thnaks. The layout of the ‘state’ pop ups is a definite improvement though it would be nice to see the end time on ‘next’ if poss?

Is there anyway to lose the temperature graph and setting from climate hot water, only needs the mode switch?

Thanks as always :slight_smile:

Hi @matchett808

Are you using a JSON api call to get the data, but calling it every 15 seconds?

@khole yeah

Hi @Bobby_Nobble

With regards to the “next” it is possible, I need to re-write that bit of code to be more flexible then I can get that no problem, I was thinking of having start and finish times for ‘now’, ‘next’ and ‘later’ :slight_smile:

I don’t think there is a way of removing the temperature graph and setting from the climate device, we really could do with a hotwater device rather than a climate device type, or maybe just a simple dropdown menu, but it does not look easily possible. Maybe by creating our own popups, but then that would be a huge learning for me and also more files to copy and update to get it setup as a custom component.

No problem, thanks for the explanation. It is only icing and the actual cake is the important bit :slight_smile:

Now, next and later sounds good :+1:

1 Like

Afternoon.

Just got myself a door/window sensor. Its added in the Hive web console without issue and is working as expected

Did you get around to adding support for these?
Ive also got a light bulb coming next week
Amazon prime FTW!

Happy to test it if you need!

Hi @elPaulio

Th work is 99% complete for the sensors. I have currently sent the update to @rendili the other developer to test. He has already sent me back some comments. Once I have changed those and sent them back to him it will go into a testing thread we have for the component. Once it’s been tested in there it will be released to this thread.

Hopefully we will publish it in this thread soon.

Awesome work - very much appreciated. I will test and feedback ASAP :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve installed the latest version but it only shows hot water (from the main zone) and heating from a secondary zone. I don’t see the heating from the main zone. Any tips/debugging I can do?

Lights work fine :slight_smile:

Ah! This is in the logs:

homeassistant.exceptions.InvalidEntityFormatError: Invalid entity id encountered: sensor.hive_heating_mode_main house. Format should be <domain>.<object_id>
2017-07-16 19:27:45 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 239, in _step
    result = coro.send(None)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 295, in async_update_ha_state
    self.entity_id, state, attr, self.force_update)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 737, in async_set
    state = State(entity_id, new_state, attributes, last_changed)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 523, in __init__
    "Format should be <domain>.<object_id>").format(entity_id))

The zone is called “Main House”. It looks like you’re not handling spaces in zone names very well.

1 Like

Hi @lavinpj1,

Thanks for the feedback (and troubleshooting and testing :slight_smile: ).

Give me an hour or two (I have some things to do first) and I will see if I can get a fixed version to you