Home Assistant app for Fitbit Ionic, Versa family, and Sense

hey @heqian will the app also be updated for the older Versa’s ?

Unfortunately the app (v1.5.0) is still crashing when launching it on my Ionic.

Protocol (https), domain, port (443) are set up and the token copied properly.

When launching the app on the phone, it just shortly says “Calling your Home Assistant. Please wait…” for like 3 seconds before the app closes.

Is there something I can do to get this running? I’ve developed Ionic apps myself, so let me know if I can assist.

Hi guys,

App works great but light states doesnt refresh correctly. I can turn state one time per entity.

Thanks 4 your time @heqian

What a great app thanks for this ! I hope that it gets more functionality, like selecting which lights to show, and maybe scenes. I have MANY lights and switches in my Home Assistant so the list gets quite long :stuck_out_tongue:

Very interesting! However there is just too much lights available on my watch! :slight_smile: Also I would like to « filter » them and have just a few of them.

Great! I can now see the temperature of the heating water, or the Battery of the tesal on my watch :slight_smile: (using the thermostat).

a strange thing is the undefined ‘temperature’ in the middle of the thermostat, but I don’t need that one in my case…
Some customization to choose a specific view would be awesome indeed :stuck_out_tongue:
Merci!

ps :no plans to add it to github to allow others to add features too ?
cheers

Source Code is available here: GitHub - heqian/home-butler: a Home Assistant controller app for Fitbit smartwatches

• main branch is for Sense and Versa 3 with SDK 5.
  • legacy branch is for Ionic, Versa, Versa Lite, and Versa 2 with SDK 4.

Enjoy! :smiley:

1 Like

Is this project still being maintained? It would be really useful if you could filter the devices that show up on the watch, maybe via a HA group or something?

Josh

Tried example 0 and 1 but did not work. I created a new token for Home Butler and no luck.

Did you ever resolve this issue? I have a Versa 2 and am dealing with the exact same issue.

My issue could be fixed as I cloned the project from GitHub and compiled + debugged it myself. Perhaps it would be a way to find a solution for your issue as well? It only requires the Fitbit Studio and Nodejs locally. heqian/home-butler at legacy (github.com)

This was the fix for my issue: Fix app crashes for legacy app by sibbl · Pull Request #2 · heqian/home-butler (github.com)

I guess there might be edge cases for other different HA setups as well.

1 Like

Is this app still working? Cant get it connected. Confirmed working API

After some work I got it connected, but ut is just working sometimes, not reliable for me.
Found some other ways: Some ways to control Home-Assistant from Fitbit Sense - Flemming's Blog

Just had a read through your blog to see if there was anything I missed when I did a similar hunt.

I have a Fitbit versa 2 and use Hooks

You can create multiply web hooks (at least 10 thats what I have). The app can show upto 6 on the screen and then you can just scroll up and down to see the others.

Still limited without any feedback of the action or an entity state but seems to work reasonably well.

Also use the inbuild Alexa and just ask when I am not in public.

Thanks for info, I tried that app also but did not get it to work. (nothing happen when button is pressed)
Is can you show your config?