Home Assistant Cloud (Nabu Casa) - Does it only allow one connection at a time?

So that everyone in the family can use Home Assistant when away from home (Arm/Disarm Alarm, turn off lights we left on, view cameras, etc), I set up an additional Home Assistant App using Nabu Casa’s Remote Access URL on everyone’s phone.

A few days after setting it up, we all went out to eat. We all decided to look at our phone’s to check on the dogs, and just try out using Home Assistant away from home. Once one person was logged in, everyone else would just be stuck infinitely loading. Once the first person closed the app and gave it a minute, someone else would be able to log in, but then everyone else was stuck infinitely loading. Once we got home, I did some more testing. Even just being logged in on the computer using the Nabu Casa URL denied access from me trying to view it on my phone, and vice versa. (The local client works fine, 192.168.x.xxx).

So I have confirmed that only one device is allowed access at a time. Is this intended behavior? If so, is there anything I’m able to do to change it and allow more than one person on at a time? It’ll be a rare chance that more than one person in the family is trying to view it remotely at a time. But for when that rare chance happens, it would be nice for everyone to have access if it is possible.

Any input and thoughts on the matter would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Cant offer much help other than to say that multiple connections can be made, I just tested on my work computer and then from my phone at the same time (LTE connection) and both connected.

I just tested it myself and I could successfully log in to the nabu casa URL with the same username on two devices simultaneously.

If you say you’re trying it with the same username, maybe the issue has something to do with different usernames? Would you mind trying again, with different usernames this time and see what the result is?

No, that worked with two different usernames at the same time too.

Since it seems to be working for both of you, I have absolutely no idea what is causing me to be the outlier. I have also gone and tested it again with the same results on my end, no more than one device can connect. The other devices are just stuck on “loading data”, until this screen eventually pops up:image

Which is odd to see, because the device that originally connected first is still working and connected just fine.

I am on the latest version of HassOS (3.8) and Home Assistant (0.104.2).

I have no idea of knowing if it’s an issue on my end, or if it’s with the cloud itself.

I can chime in, the remote UI is unreachable for me after a restart. It takes a lot of time (30m) before the connection is established. I don’t know if it is related to your issue.

it might be time to go to get support from the nabu casa people at this point.

Hey, has there been any update on this?
I have the exact same problem, 2 different accounts, works fine on web browser though, just the app having issues

Similar issue here however I have no problems logging in (once) using the same account under any circumstances. Problem is that if I log in from one device it logs out the user logged in on another device.

How do you set up 2 different accounts? Are these accounts under one subscription?

2 different logins, I have a login called remote, which is just to control the TVs stereo etc, but haven’t had this issue for a short while now