Home Assistant Companion for Android 1.5.0

not sure, i have the feeling if i inculde this one below in my json, thats the message is delivered , also when in sleep…
how are the messages now delivered? normal priority?

"priority":"high"

edit: also added below, its even better it seems

"webpush": {
      "headers": {
        "Urgency": "high"
      }
    }

below, my test script for a PUSH message , configured with high priority and a image
can anyone else test it too? especially for people that have LAG issues when android is in deep sleep

test_message:
  alias: Test Message
  sequence:
  - service: !secret notify_ha_fabio
    data_template: 
      {
          "message": "Alert",
          "title": "Some Title here",
          "data": {
              "android": {
                  "priority":"high",
                  "notification": {
                      "image": "https://some_image_here.png"
                  }
              },
              "webpush": {
                  "headers": {
                      "Urgency":"High"
                  }
              }
          }
      }

EDIT: Hmmz, some more testing, but lag is still there
if i use the script to send with HA client, still lag, or message only comes when i wake up phone
if i use pushover, its always instant received
so seems it doesnt help :frowning:

The app is installed on the tanix pro 9 but it stops when asking credentials… It doesn’t allow to write them…

The app looks great. My only complaint is that when using colorOS on phones like the oppo Reno you can only add 1 of each widget! Would be cool to get a 4x1 option and allow multiple buttons to be added

Make sure android isnt ‘battery optimising’ the app.
I had an issue with location only updating when my phone was awake and disabling battery optimisation within android settings for the app worked so this may be linked.
I didn’t know I could do push notifications though! That’s cool!

1 Like

Already turned off, aswell restriction data usage

Ah, poo… :frowning:

D-Pad navigation is not working, you will need to use a remote app that has a mouse to navigate to those fields.

This sounds more like an issue with the actual launcher, you may want to try a different launcher that will allow more widgets to be added.

Under developer options in the phone check the standby status, does it show as exempted without the ability to change it?

Just checked and mine is marked as EXEMPTED and grayed out so no changing.

grayed out also for, exempted

Hey there,
just wanna report back saying that the Widgets don’t work.
I click, they turn red, but nothing happens.
I tried it with both lights and switches.

Inside the App everything works as it should. I’m using a S10e with Android 10 with Nova Launcher, if that matters somehow.

For what it’s worth I’m also on S10e with Android 10, however using Microsoft Launcher, Widgets are working as expected for me. Didn’t do anything special, it just worked.

I have a problem with how the app reports zones. I have my home lat/long setup in my ha config and I have a zone ‘nearby’ created with a radius of about 2 miles i.e ‘home’ zone is at the centre of ‘nearby’.

When I’m home, the app reports me as nearby not at home. How can I control which zone it reports? This causes other problems for other smaller zones that are inside ‘nearby’ as well, but the home one is weird as other trackers always get home right.

Edit: even when I add my home said to the app it still reports me as nearby

You could try turning off the “Zone Based Tracking” option in the app (so it will rely on Home Assistant for the zone detection) and see if that helps, but I’ve found that having zones inside zones can give quite flaky results even without the app.

I tried that but it didn’t seem to help. I’m not sure how fast it updates though so maybe I didn’t wait long enough, but I tried to force it to send an update by force closing and then opening after each change

I cannot see those fields. They are not in the screen also if i use a mouse…

If you do not see them after entering the URL then check that the URL is correct and accessible. Also maybe see if the webview app needs an update. Is this an android tv device? or just an android box?

Widgets are simply awesome. Of course it can be added some more icons, backcolors, better pickers for entities and be editable. But, for now, they do what they are for, and incredible fast. I mean, I have several wifi ssid and also Android disconnects wifi when no using for save energy and change to mobile data, these changes makes the App to stack on “Reconnecting…”, but widgets works just fine all the times, no matter what. So happy with them!

The URL is the same i use in my mobile, so it’s correct. It’s just an android box tv.

That’s strange. I’ve been trying this exact same configuration, with a “home” zone with a radius of 50 metres and a “nearby” zone of 3219 metres (approximately 2 miles) centred on the same location, for the last couple of days and it has been working reasonably well at with the zone based tracking on or off.

The only issue is that, although it successfully identified me as going Away -> Nearby -> Home when I come home, it didn’t work as well the other way and I just jumped from Home -> Away (although that was with the zone based tracking on, I’ll know tomorrow if that it better with it turned off).