Home Assistant for iOS 2.0 Beta Testing

You have caddy requiring a basic username/password as well as home assistant? Are you sure you’re not confusing Home Assistant Auth with basic auth in the app? They are totally different things. I use caddy as well but don’t have advanced settings configured.

I have Caddy with basic auth in front of HA, yes. It may be i have misunderstood the basic auth functionality, but which other possibility for basic auth does one have?

Ref: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant-iOS/issues/26#issuecomment-466835349

So if you login to Home Assistant, you enter a username and password for Caddy and then a username and password to log in to home assistant?

I have been running the Beta Testing from the beginning.my IOS HA app is on version 1.5.1(3) right now. How can I get Beta 2.0? Opened the test flight app but nothing about beta 2.9 there.

Do I need to sign up again?

There is a seperate beta for version 2

For people who want to have a go at the whole new features I have example YAML code for critical notifications, actionable notifications and the whole new sensor data supplied with the device tracker on my GitHub repo.

It’s spread over two files:
https://github.com/olbjan/home-assistant/blob/master/packages/ios.yaml
https://github.com/olbjan/home-assistant/blob/master/packages/testcases.yaml

I’ll be happy to help with questions as my time allows.
-Jan

10 Likes

Thanks. But how do I do that? i dont see any place to sign up.

@Dayve67 open the link on your iOS device

2 Likes

Thank you. I missed that part.

Oh wow. The new Beta is much faster. Big thumbs up :smile:

Thanks, looks great already. Now need to study the watch bit, looks great. One question so far, what’s the remaining sends?

2 Likes

Trying the beta and it also seems much faster.

Is it my impression or sensor information in the bottom of a page seems to appear slightly cut in the beta version?

Beta version

Latest non-beta version:

@robbiet480 Is it possible to get tap on top of window, to get page to scroll top, also on ‘Developer tools’ screens (as it does in other pages)? It never worked on stable version, it still doesn’t on beta version, not sure if it’s not supposed to or just a non-reported bug?

Thanks in advance for this great app.

So… you no longer need the iOS component? Does this mean that I have to adjust ah my notifications if my wife moves to this beta?

PLEASE remove the “Motion” option or fix it for IOS.
I nags constantly if not enabled/granted access, and I don’t want it.
Like every time I open HA it pops up to enable it.

Also nothing in “Show advanced settings” works.
“Internal URL” resets after I exit to home page.
In “Basic authentication” user&pass also gets reset as soon as I exit the options menu.

IOS :latest
Iphone 5S.

1 Like

Hey thanks, wondering if you have any instructions on the apple watch.

3 Likes

Why don’t you fill out issues on GitHub?

Because I don’t know where.
I am not a developer or code writer.

Hi,

I am no longer getting buttons with actionable notifications. All catagory settings withing notification settings seem ok, and are the same as in the config. Does anyone else have this issue?

Check the device id. The beta app appends _beta to the device name so it might be going to the wrong place :wink:

Do we need to enable the mobile_app component?

I’ve fixed that :slight_smile: I’m getting the notification and also the camera view with it. just not the buttons underneath the notification.