Home Assistant for iOS 2.0 Beta Testing

For the Apple watch I can say that it seems to be needing some time after install until everything shows up. I didn’t see anything and then I did other stuff for an hour and there it was!

2 Likes

Ditto. It took a bit but showed up.

Trying this out. It is not registering the notify.ios_xxxxxx service. What is the secret? I reset old app, blew out all entries in .ios.conf. Restart HA. etc. Still no service.

EDIT - Forget it. After a couple more HA restarts, I have the service registered… Still annoying why it seems to be so hard to register sometimes. I have had the problem in past when switching phones and when I tried the 1.50 app beta.

Keeps empty on my site, is there anything special you configured?

I had to manually push a location to get it to register in .ios.conf.

I’ve been unable to get the beta app to login into my HA system that has 2FA enabled. I get the prompt for the second factor, enter it, but the app just sits there after this. Anyone else successful?

Yes. With both kinds of 2FA

The Apple Watch does tend to take a while to work. Currently just black with the time in the corner. Going to let it sit for a bit and try later like others have mentioned previously.

I had to reboot the watch.

1 Like

Tried that as well as reinstall…still a black screen for me.

You need to define the notifications in the Settings->Notification Settings-Categories.

For example, the part of your config where you had:

ios:
   push:
     categories:
       - name: House Door Unlocked
         identifier: 'HOUSEDOOR'
         actions:
           - identifier: 'LOCK_HOUSE_DOOR'
             title: 'Lock Door'
             activationMode: 'background'

you now enter that into the app.

This was automatically imported by the app and is already in place.

Same issue here

Can someone explain the use of actions and the today widget? I go to settings–>actions–>Add. So far so good. It gets created and I can change Name, color, icon etc but I cannot define what the action should actually do. In the bottom of the page there is a button representing the settings you just entered about color and icon but thats it. It shows up in my todays widget but it does not do anything.

Have you configured it to do something useful? Mine just shows static icons which is kind of useless

I got it working. apparently the app did not like some of my actions , all starting with DISABLED_.
When I renamed those, it was all working again.

I let it sit over night after rebooting everything and the watch still isn’t working. What exactly is supposed to show up on the watch? I think I may be missing something on my end.

Hi @robbiet480,

Two things:

1. It appears that ibeacon exits still do not trigger a zone exit; in the log it clearly shows the ibeacon exit but it’s ignored for zone exits… This was changed back in 1.5.0 and has been broken since. There was discussion on GitHub and the ticket (#199) was closed and it appears it was fixed in #209. Did that not make it into 2.0?

2. One feature asked for long long ago was to be able to use a SSID as a beacon in detecting zones. Now that 2.0 supports sending the SSID as part of the payload would it be possible to add this?

The use case would be to set the SSID, optionally, for a zone so that when the SSID was connected it would signal a zone enter?

Or, an option to just “push location on SSID change” would be helpful as a starting point.

Thanks for the consideration!

1 Like

I’d really like to see these enhancements to.

1 Like

You should be able to install the beta app on your watch and then pick it as a complication.