Home Assistant IOS app : can't connect using the app

I keep having this message when using the iOS app

Uh Oh!
Unknown error: Response could not be
decoded because of error:
The operation couldn't be completed.
ObjectMapper failed to serialize response.
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title>Sign in - Cloudflare Access</title>
<meta charset="utf-8" />...

I check my CloudFlare Firewall but I don’t have any deny entry in my firewall and it’s work when I’m using safari instead. (it was working fine before)

PS that work fine when I’m using my local IP so something wrong cloudflare side but what …

• I added my current IP in cloudflare’s firewall as the first rule, trafic is allowed so not sure what’s going on

I ran into this as well, did you ever find a solution?

I can’t remember for sure but I think the issue was with cloudflare (I’m using cloudflare to protect my home assistant).
I think it was an issue with my firewall rules and the user agent that was changed (not totally sure though).

I’m having the very same problem with the iOS app since a couple of weeks.
My Cloudflare setup used to work fine for the past half year since I set it up but sometime in late January/early February this year it stopped working.

I completely reconfigured Cloudflare and the iOS app yesterday and it worked again. But today it’s already not working anymore.

The connection to Home Assistant via Cloudflare works fine if I open it in the browser on the phone. However, in the Home Assistant iOS app I get the same error message.

Error: Response could not be decoded because of error:
The operation couldn't be completed.
ObjectMapper failed to serialize response.

Retry Count: 5

Next Retry: 10:03:58

Since I didn’t change anything on the Cloudflare setup in January and also the connection via Browser works fine, I presume it has to do with something in the iOS app.

However, not sure how to debug this…?

My stack:

• iOS 16.3.1
  • Home Assistant app version 2023.2
  • 1.1.1.1 app version 6.20
  • Home Assistant OS 2023.3.1 (and before that 2023.1.* and 2023.2.*)