Home Assistant Community

Home Assistant Motion Light Implementation (Very Customisable)

Yes it is duration sensor. Ok. I will try that option. Thanks.

Nope. It doesn’t change anything. Entity_controller is blocked while entity_off script is running. That delay is showstopper. Well we tried. :slight_smile:

@danny I’m curious if this could be used in reverse… When a light is turned on manually, turn off after x time of inactivity on a sensor(s). Would be valuable to be able to utilize the night mode, and overrides.

I guess that’s the block mode restriction… gonna test this…

I am new to this awesome component and have a hard time figuring out if the component supports turning on multiple individual lights with different service data simultaneously? or will this require me to create a template?

If possible, kindly provide an example :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot!

@danny I posted a bug/error to Github - but wanted to follow up here for discussion. I’m trying to set a light or group of lights in a way that if turned on automatically will turn off after a set time (using block_timeout) but don’t want to require that the sensor detect motion before the timer starts. I was assuming you could use the light/switch as a sensor for that purpose. Can you confirm that will work as I’m expecting? Or could this be partially to blame for the error I am seeing (https://github.com/danobot/entity-controller/issues/47)?

The sensor must be triggered before the timer starts. That is how its currently implemented.

Thank you for this component.

As stated on wiki, overrides are used to:

You can define entities who block the motion light from turning on if those entities are in any defined on state.

I want to achieve the opposite effect - block the light from turning off when a sensor is at a given state. For example, I have a door sensor in my bathroom and would like not to turn off the light whenever the door is closed. It should override the timer set by the motion sensor which is also present.

Is it possible currently?

You can use custom state strings. Just set the override state string that is “on” by default to “off” and set the one that is “off” by default to “on”.
Read the docs to understand how to do this.

After upgrading to 0.92 get this error

@danny

2019-04-27 14:59:02 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component entity_controller
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 153, in _async_setup_component
    hass, processed_config)
  File "/config/custom_components/entity_controller/__init__.py", line 110, in async_setup
    myconfig = config[DOMAIN][0]
KeyError: 0

try removing the [0]