Home Assistant OS doesn't reconnect after connection loss

Hi guys, my Home Assistant OS (RaspberryPi4) doesn’t reconnect automatically after losing connection (wired). After a router reboot for example, I have to manually disconnect and reconnect the ethernet cable to make it online again.
Does anyone know why? Or if there is a way to automate the reconnection?
Thanks!

1 Like

I have the same issue. It is totally enoying. Each time my router restarts I have to manually restart the raspberry pi. I hope this one is solved soon. Because I looked up a solution for over 2 years now and nothing is done until now.

Try using a static address via Settings → System → Network → Configure network interfaces.

I have already setup a static ip. But I found out now that the issue was that my Router.
I configured my Router with a DHCP server from 192.168.1.100 until 192.168.1.254. So all static IP’s are located until .99

Yesterday I found out that when I reserve the IP for my home assistant in addition to that it reconnects automatically.

Conclusion:
No IP reservation for HA in router config = no automatic reconnect
IP reservation for HA in router config = automatic reconnection.

I tried it yesterday multiple times because I couldn’t believe it. And it worked each time.
So try. Static IP config in HA and reserve this IP in your Router config than it should reconnect after router reboot.
I am not exactly sure why this is happening but it probably due to my DHCP setup. When static IP devices (only raspberry pi and ESP’s) are out of the range from the DHCP range they need to restart their WiFi connection.
When the IP is reserved in the router config it recognize the old connection and then they connect again. So give this a try if that is exactly your issue. @krost