Home assistant dont update data from deconz

Hi everyone. First off, im very new to Home assistant and im trying to learn. I have looked through the documentation and looked at serveral youtube videos to see if im doing something wrong, but i cannot find anything.
I have home assistant setup in a Hyper-V VM and it works fine. To my Hyper-V Host i have also connected a Conbee2 USB-stick. The plan is to use home assistant and use several Xiomi Aqara sensors to monitor temeprature and humidity in my house.

I have installed the windows version of deconz and added the deconx integration and i can see my sensors fine. However the update frequency is very slow. I had the sensor in my office and then put it up in the attic and it took home assistant almost an hour to update the temperature.

Also when i look in the Phoscan app (from deconz) i can see the sensor updating when the temperature in the attic fluctuate (23,6 23,4 23,5 and so on). But in home asisstant it still say about 25 and that the value has not been updated for over two hours.

It shpuld not be problem with the sensor or the conbee (sende phoscan is updated coirrectly). Could there be some configuration issue in home assistant? For example that it only changes on “bigger” updates? Can this be changed? Id like it to be as accurante as possible.

Thank you again for taking the time to read my post.

Is Deconz running in Windows in another VM on the same machine?

Deconz is running on the Hyper-V Host.
I have a Windows server running. And since home assistant isnt native to windows, i run it as a VM, on that server. Deconz runs nativly on that server.

Dont klnow if this helps or not. But now hoem assistant say that the sensor was update 6 hours ago. But in deconz i can see that the teperature has dropped several degrees. Hoem assistant is deffently not updating the value of the sensor :frowning:

I have now made a new setup and i have the EXACT same issue. Anyone have any input?
This time im using my Synology NAS. Deconz is running as a docker container and Home assistant is running as a VM. Both on the Synology NAS.

Again, the sensors are updateted in the Phoscon app, but not in home assistant. Please help.

I have tested the deconz REST API and there all the data is correct. I suspect there is an issue with the websocket API that should proviede HA with the real-time data. Is there a way of testing this?

If anyone else find this thread: The problem has been solved. The issue is that HA can connect to deconz using the REST API but not using websockets. Websockets connect on port 443 per default and if you dont change the enviorment variable in the docker container, thats thje port thats going to be reported to HA over the REST API. In my case, i hade changed the port in the docker container to 8443 but kept 443 internally in the cintainer. That meant that the REST api reported that websockets connections used 443, but it was 8443 that was exposed ouside the container.
I solved this by chaning the ws_port varible for deconz to 8443 and mapped 8443 to 8443 and it just worked!

5 Likes

Ahh you were having the exact same problem I’ve just encountered but I’m not sure how your solution in docker would apply to my config with deCONZ on a Windows server (Hyper-V host) and HA in its own VM.

Hi, did you manage to fix this? I’m getting nowhere. Same setup as you; running deCONZ on the Windows Host and using the deCONZ integration in HA.

EDIT: Solved using this trick.

Ahh thank you @mrrodge
I had only opened up for 80 and not 443. Derp.
For those on Windows, easy way to check is to identify the PID deCONZ.exe is running under, then run netstat -ano and look for the listening ports for this PID