Home Assistant Yellow Kit “without” Power Supply

So I was just looking at pre-ordering a Yellow from https://www.crowdsupply.com/nabu-casa/home-assistant-yellow#products

1. Home Assistant Yellow
  • Includes CM4
  • Includes Power Supply
  1. Yellow Kit with Power-over-Ethernet
  • Includes PoE
  • Excludes CM4
  • Excludes Power Supply
  1. Yellow Kit with Power Supply
  • Excludes PoE
  • Excludes CM4
  • Includes Power Supply

Of those options, option 3 would be what I’d be leaning towards as I have no requirement for PoE and would purchase a higher spec CM4 module (once I can get my hands on one). But I also don’t require a power supply either as I’ll be powering this from a 12v DC Solar/Battery system.

Thus, I’m wondering why there isn’t a 4th option as if I went with option 3 the power supply would end up straight in the container where all my other power supply bricks go to die, aka the storage container in the back corner of my shed….

1. Yellow Kit without Power Supply
  • Excludes PoE
  • Excludes CM4
  • Excludes Power Supply

So, whilst it might only be a marginal price difference but I’m thinking more along the lines of less electronic waste for the planet and my home, I don’t need it, so it would be great to have an option to to not include it which would save a little bit of e-waste, save a little bit on shipping and a little on the planet.

P.s I wouldn’t care if option 4 was the same price as option 3, maybe the difference could be a donation to a worthy cause, Pi foundation, plant some trees, etc

You could always donate it to a local school electronics club.