Home Panel - A web frontend for controlling the home

This is an oddity while the database is being set up initially. You should be able to carry on creating an account when you see Watches established.

When you create an account the logs may give you some details or errors on your user. However the UI does reflect these errors now. If you are seeing nothing in the logs while trying to crate an account or login, you probably have the wrong API URL. You can test the API is active by navigating to it first. You should see the API is active! message. This is the URL you want to use (Do not include the / at the end, however)

Open up an issue, Iā€™ll add it to the list

Ok so seems I have a docker issue, posting here in the hope someone can help. Appreciate itā€™s not home panel related.

Getting the following error when trying to pull the latest image also happens if I pull 0.5.6. Older images ok.

$ sudo docker pull timmo001/home-panel
Using default tag: latest
latest: Pulling from timmo001/home-panel
8e3ba11ec2a2: Already exists 
0b61a1234acf: Already exists 
29bc045e75b5: Already exists 
eb9366b1b1f4: Already exists 
757d57de489c: Already exists 
c9566764d072: Already exists 
7507716223c7: Extracting  3.216MB/3.216MB
failed to register layer: open /volume1/@docker/aufs/layers/df4d9c986ac69d3274a9713f16cc5fb8b0aa70f63fefac4863ca5f3640efa375: no such file or directory

Any help grateful.

Hi @apt

Try to delete the whole image with ā€œdocker rmi home-panelā€.

Thatā€™s the thing, there is no home-panel image or container to delete.

Might be worth a full reinstall of docker. Or a cleanup of images and volumes

Pruned system and still the same. Reluctant to uninstall docker on my Synology as it says will wipe user data. I donā€™t have the issue with any other images. Can download ok and use.

Just need to somehow find a way to remove the things that say already exist.

EDIT: I can successfully downgrade to 0.5.5 but nothing higher. No 0.5.6 or latest :frowning: . Hoping another build (0.5.7) will be downloadable.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Iā€™ve deleted my dockers and reinstallled without any issue.

Try to install portainer (https://portainer.io/install.html) and delete evetything related with home panel

1 Like

Just noticed your latest commit:

Could this resolve my issue?

EDIT: just installed edge and itā€™s working, turns out it was a docker image issue after all.

Will give it a go.

This was a fix for multiple architecture support. Glad you could pull the edge image successfully though. Iā€™m going to add alarm support then it will be the latest version :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

So maybe just the edge tag that allowed me to download as opposed to the commit you made? Does the commit effect the actually pulling of the image or at run point?

How is this implemented? group.bedroom_lights doesnā€™t trigger if I put it in a entity ID, at least in the edge build.

Hi,
i also have the problem, that i cannot create the user and connect to the api. I slitly modify your docker-compse to that it fit my needs. Mainly because i use traefik reverse proxy for ssl.

version: '3'

services:
  home-panel:
    image: timmo001/home-panel:latest
    container_name: home-panel
    volumes:
      - /var/docker/home-panel/config.json:/usr/src/app/config.json
    labels:
      - "traefik.backend=grafana"
      - "traefik.enable=true"
      - "traefik.frontend.rule=Host:url"
      - "traefik.port=80"
      - "traefik.docker.network=traefik_proxy"
    networks:
      - traefik_proxy
    links:
      - home-panel-api

home-panel-api:
    image: timmo001/home-panel-api:latest
    container_name: home-panel-api
    ports:
      - 3234:3234
    volumes:
      - /var/docker/home-panel/config.json:/usr/src/app/files/config.json
    networks:

networks:
  traefik_proxy:
    external:
      name: traefik_proxy
  default:
    driver: bridge

As API URL iā€™m using http://localhost:3234

Error message:
Error: Request has been terminated Possible causes: the network is offline, Origin is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin, the page is being unloaded, etc. - Check your credentials and try again

Docker logs:

Recreating home-panel-api ... done
Recreating home-panel     ... done
Attaching to home-panel-api, home-panel
home-panel-api    |
home-panel-api    | Copy certs if provided..
home-panel-api    | No certificates directory provided
home-panel-api    | Run app..
home-panel-api    | SSL (HTTPS) is not active. It is advisable to use SSL with Home Panel, especially if the app is exposed to the outside world!
home-panel-api    | App is live at http://localhost:3234
home-panel        |
home-panel        | Copy disabled SSL nginx config
home-panel        |
home-panel        | Run nginx server..

Maybe you could help me?!
Of course i completly recreated the docker container (delete the running, delete the images and pull it new). Also tried your new edge tag.

Make sure your API URL is set to the IP or hostname of your server. localhost would only be true if you are using the same machine/container that the API is running on. In other words, you need: http://YOUR_IP_OR_HOSTNAME:3234 as your API URL.

I may remove this message since it is causing some confusion

Release v0.5.7 :tada:

Full Changelog

Changed

• :boat: :rocket: add multiple architecture support (armhf, aarch64, i386 and amd64) (#61)
  • :sparkles: add support for the alarm component (#65)
  • :sparkles: allow support for rounded cards (#67)
  • :sparkles: add military time and date format support (#63)
  • :books: update docs

The next release will likely be support for the new hass authentication system. I am holding off updating for now while people migrate to the new hass version.

Where should the following go in the config.json? its not clear.

ā€œuiā€: {
ā€œcardsā€: {
ā€œroundā€: true
}
},

Hi

I am having a issue with opening Home Panel with Fully Kiosk Browser. I see the login screen and and are able to login. But I just get a blank screen. I am able to see the screen on the android tablet with Chrome on the same device.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Under theme. See updated docs

Odd, I just installed the browser and it seems to work fine for me. Check your config and logs if possible:

https://git.timmo.xyz/home-panel/troubleshooting/#before-posting-your-issue