Home Panel - A web frontend for controlling the home

Is this the command needed to update the images when using docker-compose?

sudo docker-compose down
sudo docker pull timmo001/home-panel-api:latest
sudo docker pull timmo001/home-panel:latest
sudo docker-compose up -d

Or is there a better way?

any one know how can install it with hassbian?

All you have to do is cd into the directory of your docker-compose.yml file and do:

docker-compose pull && docker-compose up
1 Like

You can install it using one of the other methods like this:

https://git.timmo.xyz/home-panel/setup/#node-js

It seems Home Panel is referencing HA by hostname ā€˜hassioā€™ rather than IP during authentication. Can I change that as my hostname is not ā€˜hassioā€™ and it therefore fails.

Yes you can. Just change the text box to URL of your Home Assistant instanceā€¦

Apologies that was a truly stupid question. I had changed the first text box and missed the second . It works thanks

1. Header text is not customisable and too large on low resolution
    Iā€™ve opened the Home-Panel web page on Amazon Fire HD 8 which has 1200x800 px resolution.
    The header text is too big IMHO and takes a lot of expensive space
    Maybe adding ability to set the font size via config file is a good solution?

1. What about adding icons to buttons? it can be as background or as a small icon on the lower right corner

2. How can I set default theme?

Thanks!

For the first point, I would recommend requesting the ā€˜Desktop siteā€™ on your browser. Scaling is on mobile devices so this should force the page to render as a desktop with that resolution.

For the other points, these are already features. For icons, see here and for backgrounds and other theming configuration see here. The set theme is stored to your browser when you set it, so that will be your default

Thank you for replying.
Iā€™ve tried the ā€˜desktop versionā€™ as you suggested, it does make things a bit better but the text is still huge.

I didnā€™t notice the icon option (!), now that Iā€™ve added icons, it feels like the icons takes the focus. Is it possible to change their opacity and/or size?

Thank you !

Feel free to open up a feature request here: Sign in to GitHub Ā· GitHub

1 Like

Thanks a lot for this wonderful dashboard! Works really well for me (HassIO 0.77.3). Iā€™m planning to allow access to my Home Panel via SSL (DuckDNS/Letā€™s Encrypt) for my neighbour, so we can both switch our garden lights with HA.
Is my understanding correct, that anyone with access to the login screen of Home Panel can create a new user? If so, how can i prevent this? I just need two users and thatā€™s it. :wink:
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

This is a great dashboard!
Just one issue.
After a while, on a Fire 7th gen and Fully Kiosk Browser, the dashboard becomes very slow and sluggish.
It takes 5 - 10 seconds before a tile reacts to a touch.
Dumping the cache and a restart of the page solves it, but it really not WAF.

Thank you for developing this. Great panel! Im going to use this on a wall mounted panel but I canā€™t seem to find a way to have the panel auto login. Is there a way to do this so if the panel reboots I do t have to enter the password each time?

I have noticed this, however have no idea why it is happening. A refresh does usually fix the issue

Once it has logged in once, the login should be stored. It mostly depends on the token that is provided from Home Assistant and how long the token lasts

Release v0.6.3 :tada:

Full Changelog

Changed

• :sparkles: add paging support and transitions (#110)
  • :sparkles: add login validation
  • :hammer: multiple fixes and UI changes
  • :books: update docs

In this version, you can now add pages! Just add ā€œpagesā€ to the same level as theme, header and items. See here for documentation. Also here for setting the groupā€™s page.

Hopefully someone will find a solution for this. Itā€™s a real dealbreaker for me.

I may have figured out what was causing slowdowns while on another PR. Take a look at the issue here:

Once I close this issue, and the next version is released, you should be OK to retry to see if you are still getting slowdowns. I will test this on my panel also once I get it set up again. Thanks for the pointer @PaNiCo :+1:

1 Like

Great! Nice to see youā€™ve found the cause.
Canā€™t wait to update.
I am running the hassio addon, does this also update as soon as you release #111?