Homeassistant on Raspi 3 dead

Hello,

Recently, Hass on my Raspberry pi 3 has died.
When I boot it, neither the webinterface on :8123, nor ssh is available, but I can still connect to port 8086, which seems to be influxdb.

When I connect hdmi to my 4k Monitor’s secondary input, I don’t see anything.
I can still mount the sdcard on my notebook and see some partitions containing some files.

The sdcard should contain a relative recent backup, but I dont know where to look. I think everything is wrapped via containers, so maybe I can extract them and run or mount the volumes on my linux machine?

I have read in the forums that sdcards are wearing off fast and a ssd disk is suggested.
Is this also true for SanDisk Extreme V30 A2?

What would be the best option in my situation?

thanks for help and kind regards

An update: after the 20th attempt, I see output in the connected screen. I did not really spot an error, an I end up in the Home assistant CLI prompt. Also the webinterface seems to be back.

For future updates: is there a way to extract backups from the sdcard?

Glad to see that your system is back online! I know that you asked for sdcard backups, but in the case that your sd ends up in a completely unusable state I would suggest looking into https://github.com/sabeechen/hassio-google-drive-backup. I have had a few (cheap) sds go corrupt, sometimes in the middle of the night, and this is really a super easy way to get your backups away from the raspberry. There are other alternatives than Google Drive too if you prefer using something else

1 Like

@Miicroo : Thank you for the suggestion. This is something I will be looking into now. Do you know, if there is also a plugin to backup to a local nas via rsync, smb, etc.? I was searching now, but I could not find one.

Edit: I have found a solution for this: https://smarthomepursuits.com/how-to-backup-home-assistant-locally-using-samba-share-addon/

@stevesteve Cool, I didnt know it existed! :smiley: Thanks for the share, will probably set it up too to keep a local copy!