Homeassistant X Homekit

Hi, I made a homeassistant installation on Windos 10. I want to do the integration with Apple’s Homekit. In the initialisation of Homeassistant I have the following error
2019-05-12 19:12:00 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component homekit
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\CLIENTE\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\homeassistant\setup.py”, line 153, in async_setup_component
hass, processed_config)
File "C:\Users\CLIENTE\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\homeassistant\components\homekit_init
.py", line 78, in async_setup
await hass.async_add_executor_job(homekit.setup)
File “C:\Users\CLIENTE\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\concurrent\futures\thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “C:\Users\CLIENTE\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\homeassistant\components\homekit_init_.py”, line 220, in setup
port=self._port, persist_file=path)
File “C:\Users\CLIENTE\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\homeassistant\components\homekit\accessories.py”, line 214, in init
super().init(**kwargs)
File “C:\Users\CLIENTE\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\pyhap\accessory_driver.py”, line 193, in init
self.state = State(address=address, pincode=pincode, port=port)
File “C:\Users\CLIENTE\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\pyhap\state.py”, line 29, in init
sk, vk = ed25519.create_keypair()
File “C:\Users\CLIENTE\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\ed25519\keys.py”, line 10, in create_keypair
sk = SigningKey(seed)
File “C:\Users\CLIENTE\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\ed25519\keys.py”, line 85, in init
vk_s, sk_s = _ed25519.publickey(sk_s)
MemoryError

Does anyone have any idea what’s going on?

It says memory error & Home Assistant is not supported (and therefore not tested) on Windows.

Perhaps try running Home Assistant in a VirtualBox Linux VM with the NIC in bridged mode?

I too would suggest not using Windows for this, you will need to configure a lot more, do a bunch of portforwarding and reverse proxying. For example zeroconf doesn’t play nice with Windows.

My suggestion would be to install it on a linux based OS (can be a VM).

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for the answers, and I did as you commented, I created a Debian VM in Windows.
Now Home Assiatnt generates the pin code, but the home application can not pair Homebridge.
He even finds the bridge but does not find the devices. What can it be?
I did not find any errors in the log.

If you use a VirtualBox VM you need to set the NIC to Bridged mode so it can be seen on your network.

Here is an example under VM settings when it is shut down.

Hello,

My VM is already configured this way and is working, because I have the MQTT that is receiving the topics. So I think the problem is not the network.

Hi I’m having the same issue did you get this working?