[HomeConnect] HomeAppliance is offline error

Hi,

I’ve been using HomeConnect integration to communicate with my Bosh dishwasher over half year without any problems, but for couple of days any entity related to it is unavailable. In the HA logs the only error(s) I see is:

Error while trying to turn on device: {'key': 'SDK.Error.HomeAppliance.Connection.Initialization.Failed', 'description': 'HomeAppliance is offline'}

when I’m sending command. I have checked wifi connection, ping’s are OK.
The strange thing is that I can communicate with dishwasher using official HomeConnect android app (I can turn it on/off and change settings).

Any ideas how to diagnose and solve that?

System Health

version: core-2021.8.8
installation_type: Home Assistant Container
dev: false
hassio: false
docker: true
user: root
virtualenv: false
python_version: 3.9.6
os_name: Linux
os_version: 5.4.0-80-generic
arch: x86_64
timezone: Europe/Warsaw

GitHub API: ok
Github API Calls Remaining: 4610
Installed Version: 1.13.2
Stage: running
Available Repositories: 937
Installed Repositories: 19

can_reach_server: ok
requests_remaining: 883
requests_per_day: 1000

dashboards: 2
resources: 4
views: 7
mode: storage

Same here. Not exactly sure when it started but i think it came with the first beta of 2021.9.0
Devices are available through the HomeConnect App but unavailable in HA.

Sometimes they are available for a few hours after a restart of HA.

But i cannot find any errors in the log

Update: I was able to partially fix the problem by downgrading the component to 2021.8.8

I’m able to control the devices now for example on or off , control lights or change the program but the status won’t be reported back which makes it kinda useless

Found something in the logs. Did something on the api change? Works for around a day before the token expires which seems to match the documentation

Logger: homeconnect
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeconnect/api.py:72
First occurred: 19:52:38 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 19:52:38

Token expired.

Having same issue. Don’t think it’s directly related to HA integration. When I manually consume the GET /homeappliances (API Documentation | Home Connect Developer Program) I see that the “connected” flag is false. For me, fastest way to get it connected again is to remove power from dishwasher in order to get a cold reboot. The home connect android app seems to have a fallback to connect to dishwasher through a local API, which is why that one sometimes still works.

Same here. Has anyone found a way to solve this? Puzzles me…

I have the same issue! Hooking up! :slight_smile:

Same issue, about week (since update to 2022.3.0 ?)

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.home_connect.switch] Error while trying to turn on device: {'key': 'SDK.Error.HomeAppliance.Connection.Initialization.Failed', 'description': 'HomeAppliance is offline'}

Or when I turn it on:

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.home_connect.switch] Error while trying to turn on device: {'key': '429', 'description': 'The rate limit "10 successive error calls in 10 minutes" was reached. Requests are blocked during the remaining period of 432 seconds.'}

I’ve never have this integration work for more than a few days. After deleting everything and setting up again, it works fine then a few days later everything goes unavailable. Reloading does not help.

Can’t turn on or off. Appliances is definitely online as I can access via Home Connect iOS app.

Logger: homeassistant.components.home_connect.switch
Source: components/home_connect/switch.py:118
Integration: Home Connect ([documentation](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/home_connect), [issues](https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22integration%3A+home_connect%22))
First occurred: 5:53:38 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:53:38 PM

Error while trying to turn on device: {'key': 'SDK.Error.HomeAppliance.Connection.Initialization.Failed', 'description': 'HomeAppliance is offline'}

I see this error in my logs.

Logger: homeconnect
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeconnect/api.py:72
First occurred: 28 June 2022 at 09:48:44 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:00:12

Token expired.

I have this error since few days.
Any solution?

I got the same. Any help?

Just if anyone comes to this thread and has the same problem: I tried everything - repaired the app to my dishwasher, paused the api for more than 24 hours, added a new application in homeconnect. What finally worked was: Unplug the dishwasher for a few seconds and after it went on again, everything was working!