Homegraph error - quota exceeded

Hi all

I see this message in the log, and I can’t figure out what it’s for. I have a few google integrations running, but as I understand the homegraph, none of them use homegraph.

Logger: homeassistant.components.cloud.google_config
Source: components/cloud/google_config.py:140
Integration: Home Assistant Cloud ([documentation](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/cloud), [issues](https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22integration%3A+cloud%22))
First occurred: 00.13.03 (5 occurrences)
Last logged: 00.13.28

* Error reporting state - 8: Quota exceeded for quota metric 'Quota units' and limit 'Quota units per minute' of service 'homegraph.googleapis.com' for consumer 'project_number:6270211xxxxx'.
* Error reporting state - 5: Requested entity was not found.

Is it something I can fix, or is the problem in the cloud?

doesn’t the integration (manual for GA) use homegraph to sync devices?

But I’m tied up via Nabu Casa? Or do I misunderstand you?

No you don’t misunderstand. Does NabuCasa also use homegraph to sync? Weird stuff happening with Google the last few days…

I have same warning…
With Nabu Casa too

same error/warning. And with nabu casa…

Hmm, I just had a charge on about $80 on one of my Google projects, which had billing activated.
I cancelled the project, and a lot of other old and forgotten projects, and I’m going to build things up again.
I do have the cloud_say service set up, but according to DrZzs stream I don’t need to set up all the stuff in the guide if I have nabu casa, which I find rather odd?

tts.cloud_say uses Nabu Casa which uses Azure, not Google. It’s paid for as part of your Nabu Casa plan. Likewise if you’ve got Google Assistant talking to your Home Assistant via Nabu Casa, you don’t have to do any fancy certificates or google cloud projects or anything.

Chiming in because I’m curious too. I wonder if HA is getting popular enough that it’s starting to overwhelm the limits for the basic HomeGraph connectivity across everyone using it?

Nabu Casa might run on Azure, but the voice thing set up with cloud.tts is Google.
I found out that I do need to set it up, as soon as you go outside english, that’s the only way, Home Assistant, despite it being dutch, is still very oriented against us english.
And I found out that the charge, which was credited, was from my Smartmirror, and from the Directions API, not from Home Assistant and it’s voice setup.

Specifically, tts.cloud_say does not require any setup with Google. What you’re referring to is specifically the Google Cloud TTS platform, which uses tts.google_cloud_say specifically as the service called within Home Assistant. See this screenshot from my own Home Assistant server showing the Nabu Casa tts.cloud_say, the Google Cloud tts.google_cloud_say, and the free Google Translate tts.google_translate_say services:

1 Like

I am also experiencing this. Is there something to fix it?
Also on NabuCasa.

Same here now.

does the project number that you are getting in the message ends with 6709?

there’s another thread about the same issue, few others has the same project number, it means that cloud component is collecting data from our systems into single account which we don’t own it, it makes me wonder who and why

link to the other thread:

Lets close this thread, and everybody seing this post in the other thread!