Homekit Controller: How to delete devices?

I have added several Nest Protect devices via Starling Hub (a kind of homebridge box) and HomeKit Controller to HA. It is working great, see here.

But If I delete one device in Google/Nest account, it is directly automatically deleted in Starling Hub as well, but it remains in HA. Why? And more important, how to delete such orphaned devices and entities in HA?

Restarted Hub, restarted HA, restarted Adapter, refreshed pages, … Delete button is not available, only for the whole Integration of the Homekit device (the starling hub), But then, I have to start from scratch (have changed names, etc.) for all remaining devices.

So how to sync again with Starling hub or delete the orphaned devices and entities in HA?

Is this question too stupid or is there really no answer on this topic: deleting devices in Homekit Controller?

If a. a RTFM with a little link is of course enough. If b. Saw only old postings where a custom integration was sunsetted and the homekit controller was taken over in HA core, but was not able to find the developers from this.

1 Like

I guess there is no answer. Or did you fund a solution?

Unfortunately: No.

So strange! Probably not many people use HomeKit controller. Because you run into this problem immediately. I can’t believe there is no way to fix it! The device stays there orphan. Annoying!

Ugh seems I’m hitting this - and all I did was change the IP address of a sensi thermometer.

Now I can’t delete it and it’s not finding the “new” device.

It’s a bit hidden, but pressing “delete” after having selected a device within the integration-menu deletes the device:

At least your screenshot is the point where you delete the integration (with all devices) and not the/a single device of the integration.

Update: Didn’t see this:

No, you are right if there are several integrations of the same integration are there.

But this is not the case here:

No, my installation asks in the next dialog to confirm the deletion of a single device.

See my update above.

Ah right. The device page actually also has an option to delete a HomeKit device:

Saw this now as well. But I’m sure, that this doesn’t work, as I opened this topic. But will try it on a test account because I do not want to delete a running one now.