Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

Simply means you don’t have any notifications setup. You can leave the default notification or create at least one yourself.

1 Like

Now I get “bad indentation” when I put this in notifications.yaml

- type: conditional
  conditions:
    - entity: person.jenny_jonassen
      state: "home"
  card:
    !include
    - '../base/templates/header/notification-template.yaml'
    - icon:mdi:check-box-outline
      name: Allt ok. Inget att rapportera

There is no space between icon and mdi:check-box-outline

It goes on…

bad indentation of a mapping entry at line 40, column 11:
- icon: mdi:check-box-outline
^

Could you please share me a bit more, mainly, what is the code at line 40? If you want you can send me your file via discord (find the link in the first post)

Custom header is no more. How will this affect Homekit Infused?

You can still use it

For now it still works (it needs a small css change but I will push those changes tonight).

What this means for the future of HKI is a bit uncertain, I am in the same boat as my good friend from DwainsTheme now and we are looking for solutions. One thing is sure though, and that is that the footer will eventually be phased out.

There are a few possible solutions:

1. I find a way to break out the CH code to hide the header
  2. HA allows us to hide the header (core)
  3. Or someone else makes this specific component

Unfortunately all these solutions are based on ifs. If none of these solutions arise then I will have to choose to either continue with the core header (which in my eyes would seem a bit pointless since HKI v3 was specifically designed to just replace the header) or I might focus all the efforts in creating a native android app instead.

Fortunately the used features of CH is basically only hiding the header and adding a footer. I never used very advanced features of CH since I somehow knew it would bite me in the future. So it currently works on 0.116.x but I cannot say for how long. When the next beta drops I will let you guys know if it breaks or not.

For now you can simply wait til I drop the update tonight which adds a few things and fixes some issues CH has with 0.116.x

1 Like

Seems card-mod can replace most of Custom Header with some tinkering.

1 Like

An update will arrive soon without the need for Custom Header.

1 Like

Homekit Infused 3.5.0
*Bye bye custom header :(, thank you @maykar for all the great work! No new features!

Changes:

• Fixed colors for some themes on the HA settings menu
  • Fixed spacings for the hardcoded buttons, they would not correspond with the current addons
  • Added options to all auto-fill addons that support icons to have their icon sizes changed globally (check out the new properties in the auto-fill addons documentation, this solves issue #54)
  • Removed Custom Header (read breaking changes below! This solves issue #57)
  • Removed footer (this was part of custom header)
  • Added new navigation style (since the footer is now gone, this solves issue #56)
  • A lot of small bugfixes

BREAKING CHANGES

Custom Header: (This change will not break your current setup, though it is advised to update all code for the future)
Remove this from HACS and make sure you remove the /www/community/custom_header/ folder! Restart Home Assistant to be sure!
Make sure you clear cache and then refresh the browser (alternatively you could do this entirely through an incognito window)
You can also remove the custom_header folder from /homekit-infused/base/.

Themes: (This change will not entirely break your current setup, though it is advised to update all code for the future)
Copy the entire themes folder from my repo (this will overwrite the theme user settings, and is the fastest and easiest way. If you had any custom settings setup you will have to do this again!)

Navigation:
Since CH is now gone we need a new form of navigation, in the header at the top left side there is now a little hamburger icon which will take you to the menu. When on any other view you will always be taken back to the menu (even if you didn’t came from that view. A double tap on the back icon will take you directly back to home. Unfortunately it is impossible for me to know from which view you just came. There would be another solution with the use of browser_mod but would complicate things drastically and could only work for a single user. This solution was the best I could think of, if you know something better, I am always open to suggestions!

Extra Information:
Unfortunately the loss of Custom Header is a great deal in the entire HA community, fortunately for HKI there was a quick fix (without the footer) by simply manipulating the new card-mod addon. This addon uses the global theme files (the ones you’ve just updated) and manipulates the header through there.
This does come with one major major downside… IF you have ANY other dashboard that requires the header, the header will be hidden for ALL of them!!! This ONLY applies to the included themes in HKI. If you use any of your own themes (or the default theme from HA) your dashboard WILL have a header. So they will only be hidden when any of the HKI themes are set.
Note that the Home Assistant theme that is selectable through the HKI Settings is NOT the actual default HA theme, it is a modified one that looks just like it but works with HKI!

Tip of the day:
If your house is full of lights that can either do brightness, color_temp, rgb or all of them, you should definitely check out this awesome component https://github.com/basnijholt/adaptive-lighting, you can add this through HACS and will control the brightness and color temp automatically throughout the day (but only when they are turned on :D).
Configuration can only be done through the integrations panel after you’ve installed the component (don’t start fiddling in YAML since the documentation isn’t ready yet, just set it up with the integrations panel in HA)

That’s it for today, Cheers!

How to update:
I will first stress out that you will have to make a backup of your current setup (as you should always do).

You can find update paths for each version here https://github.com/jimz011/homekit-infused/tree/updates/

Homekit Infused 3.5.1
*Home Assistant 0.117.x compatible

Changes:

• Changed the spacings once again on all predefined buttons, they should be right now (hopefully :P)!
  • A small overhaul to the Home Assistant Settings view (this will be expanded in future releases)
  • Replaced all the view selectors with something a lot nicer to look at.
  • Replaced the floor selectors to look a lot better.
  • The floor selector can now be hidden on either the lights or devices view or both (previously this was tied together)
  • Added a floor selector addon on the repo, the floor selector is now a user card (you can now change the looks of the floor selector by changing the code)
  • Fixed the extra settings for the lights auto-fill addon (they only worked on separate buttons, though the documentation was already written). This should now work!
  • Added a few docker container images for you to use with the Unraid addon.
  • The remote addon now supports Apple TV’s
  • Numerous small not noteworthy bugfixes

Breaking Changes:

• Mini-Graph-Card is now a requirement for the HKI Framework, if you did not have this already please install this!
  • The remote control addon has an extra line to setup, please refer to the addon documentation.

Tips:

• Open the addons page on my repo and look for the floor-selector, choose the code that fits your needs and paste it inside of /user/views/floor_selector/floors.yaml

How to update:
I will first stress out that you will have to make a backup of your current setup (as you should always do).

You can find update paths for each version here https://github.com/jimz011/homekit-infused/tree/updates/

Homekit Infused 3.5.2
*Hotfixes

Changes:

• Fixed the floor selector path, this was wrong and prevented the floor selector from showing up
  • Fixed the Home Assistant Logo image path

How to update:

Hoping someone can help me out here.

I’m pretty sure I’ve done everything as instructed but when I check my configration, I’m getting an error that says

Package hki_configuration setup failed. Component frontend has duplicate key ‘weather-icon-clear-night’

Not sure if this is going to break anything, but I fixed this by changing a line under hki_configuration.yaml

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/sjWDdFT6CF/

1 Like

I have sent you the answer on discord. Let me know if you still face problems.

Since upgrading from 0.115, I am seeing this gap between the markdown and the header. Have you seen something similar and/or do you know how to fix?

Untitled

Did you uninstall Custom Header entirely? This was a breaking change some versions ago.

I didn’t yet, so that is a result of CCH still being present?

Did you update HKI to 3.5.0 or higher? If yes then yes this is because custom header is still present.