Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

Thanks a lot!! Appreciate the detailed explanation!
What do you mean, your English is perfect :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok, now I understand what you did. So by using state change of the groups, you action on the input_booleans.

I wonder if you can run an automation to initially set the scene status based on the groups. That might solve the restart problem.
Or you might be able to use Node-red to poll the state of a group and set the scene that way.

I have never used node-red before so I canā€™t comment on that, however, I might have some ideaā€™s of making this easier overall. I think starting with input_selects would help a bit.

Dear @jimz011,

Would you be able to share with me the configuration details about your tado setup? Based on your lovelace yaml, I canā€™t replicate how you implemented that. Basically I donā€™t see my thermostat and radiator valve as a climate.*** entity. Also if you could share the input_boolen config for the same. Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks,
Istvan

Hi @kovacs.istvan

You can add Tado in two ways to your setup, either use the Tado Component (which is described here: https://www.home-assistant.io/components/tado/) and this is probably the easiest way to set it up.
Or use the Homekit controller
which can be enabled by adding the following:

discovery:
  enable:
    - homekit

By doing either of the one setups will add climate entities to your setup. (You will have to have tado devices obviously and you will need the tado internet bridge for this to work).

The tado component works via the ā€œapiā€ which is essentially the same as the tado app. It relies on cloud and you will require an active internet connection.
The Homekit controller does not rely on the internet/cloud and thus can be controlled locally.

They both work pretty much the same though, only the component will create a lot of entities per device, whereas the controller will only create one entity per device.

The input booleans are just dummy buttons that I use in conjunction with popup cards:
https://github.com/thomasloven/lovelace-popup-card just keep in mind that these custom cards are very prone to errors and a single error could make the card useless (as in it wont work at all). Best practice for these cards is to add them one by one).

Really appreciate your quick response. I have added the tado component as described, and I can see the tado sensors. In your config, you have something like ā€˜entity: climate.tado_smart_radiator_thermostat_va2898201344ā€™. How do you have it? I can see climate.* labels only in the UI services section. Could you please help? Thanks a lot.

You are not getting the entities in your states menu? You should see something like this:

If you used the tado component you will get climate.*name_specified_in_tado_app, if you have used the homekit controller, it will look like climate.*a_bunch_of_letters_and_numbers

If you do not see your climate entities, try restarting Home Assistant first as that is one of the most common problems. If all went well you should see those entities show up in the states menu (found in the dev-tools).

Dev-tools here:

The red arrow shows where to find the states menu.

If the entities do show up now, just change the entities from my config with yours.

You are fantastic. Under states Iā€™ve found them. The thermostat card now shows up. It works properly.

Thanks again, really appreciate! Your UI is fantastic.

1 Like

Awesome stuff!!! Thanks for the hard work! @jimz011 I have had the card installed since it was first released, but I have never used custom:button-card . After seeing how nice they display, I borrowed some of your code, tweaked and added the buttons to one of my custom:pop-up cards.

ā€¦and I shrunk the code down using @RomRider 's custom:decluttering-card Each button is only 5 lines!!!

- type: custom:decluttering-card
              template: motion_button_temp
              variables:
                - entity: binary_sensor.front_motion
                - name: Front
2 Likes

Thank you!

Great work, yeah I am currently having a little break of Home Assistant so I havenā€™t made big updates to it since last week. However I got my Roborock s55 today so I will be getting to work on HA again. I actually want styling to be done via themes.yaml so that I can choose themes whenever I want. For example theme 1 is light, theme 2 is dark, theme 3 has rounded buttons, theme 4 has squared buttons and so on.

But it looks great what you have made.

1 Like

Good idea! Currently I have some of the cards and view styling using input_select which can be set via automations or voice commands. Donā€™t really have a need for it in my setup, but it does work and displays instant changes. I played around with corners, borders, box shadows, etcā€¦ It will work with pretty much any CSS values. May be a shortcut to what you are trying to do.

Alright, I will check your code, you have your setup shared here as well right? I have seen your name popup a few times, I think I have seen your setup a few times already :smiley:

Thnx

Yes, it can be found here just under video. My repo is also on GH here If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to PM me. Thanks!

Will you integrate with this so we can auto-update as you iterate?

I donā€™t think it will do much good though. It is mostly a lovelace setup what I made here. And as everyone has different entities and such it will be very hard to maintain and give support for this.

I am guessing the HACS is more of use with a custom component/card. But who knows, I will look into it and what it really is. But at the moment I am kind of busy cleaning up a lot of code and adding vacuum cleaners to my setup.

Congratulations. Very good, thanks for sharing. What did you use for the day count?

@dougbaptista In the screenshot I use a custom component which I think I did not share. The reason why is because the component is very limited and I am converting it to a python script I found. This does the same thing, but also resets the timer when the day reaches 0. Unlike the component which needs to be manually changed every time.

I will share the python script later today, you could then just use a simple entities card to show the dates as the script creates entities for you.

I am sorry for the delay, but I didnā€™t make the it in time to release a new version of my setup. Since you were asking how I did the date_time sensor. Here is what I use in my setup now. Easy to setup and will refresh automatically when the date is reached.

2 Likes

Thank you again. Now I want to search more about the ā€œremoteā€ that you have used.

Hello. How can you change the color of status bar like Home assistant 's theme??

So, I have returned from my vacation in Poland and back to do some work again.

@dougbaptista the remote is just a collection of button cards. I am converting all my buttons to be dynamic at the moment and I am halfway through with that work. Keep an eye on the thread and I will update my github repo in a few days. It has a split config so you can find card examples with more ease.

@H_i_Anh_Nguy_n Do you mean the header? (which is black in my example and grey on some others) or do you mean the status bar in iOS?