Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

That I found, @jimz011 but what I would actually like would be 2 extra buttons for increasing and decreasing the target temperature. I know there’s a service for that: climate.set_temperature but we’d need an extra variable ( to hold value of the current target temperature ) so that the 2 buttons would be able to increase and request the target temp. ( by a default value of 1, or 0.5 or… whatever ) based on that variable. That I don’t know how to do with yaml :smiley:

1 Like

Ah I see, well with the current templates this isn’t an easy task, however I could modify the first and last button (power on and power off) to accept double press (or hold_action) and make those buttons multi purpose (so clicking one will turn them on or off, double click or hold will do a +1 or -1) would that serve your needs?

1 Like

Would be perfect! :wink:

Allright, you can expect that change in v1.2 soon!

1 Like

Thanks! You rock!

Floating an idea here, maybe makes things a bit easier: next to the current 2 buttons in the view of the thermostat, would it be possible to add the “+” and “-” buttons for changing the target temperature?
The explanation would be this: I currently only have one thermostat, but I saw you have several. So for each would be helpful to have the +/- buttons.

Sounds like a good idea, will need to think on how to do that haha. Thank you for the feedback (and obviously thank you for the support) I appreciate it!

1 Like

Thanks for the awesome job, i have changed some stuff on mine, here are some screenshots.

frontpage: shows automaticly what status the home is and if the power tariff is low or high based on sensors

scenes: these are all automated and will be on based on location and time.

remote: not finished yet need to add more buttons for my TV. basicly controls the tv, receiver, xbox, and sonos in the living room. Able to change apps on the tv with the buttons.

energy: speaks for itself curret usage of power for most of the big machines here in the house.

edit
updated the energy view so put in a new screenshot.

3 Likes

Ver nice. How did you do the icons and badge counts in the title? I love it.

You can enable to count in the frontpage_view example for the lights you need to uncomment this.

second_button_badge_entity: sensor.current_lights_on
  second_button_template: button_badge.yaml

make sure you fill in the correct sensor else you will not see anything.

Thanks. Was more into how to do that in lovelace. I am not yet into this super viz style presented here. The feature having icons/states in the title is natively introduced by a plugin?

I am not sure how @jimz011 did that he made several buttons in his template to use, and the options are there. Maybe he can clarify on how it works.

It is somewhere around here and here.

He is using the custom fields option in the button-card:

Do we have a recent tutorial to install HKI 1.1 on hassio ?

watch this:
https://jimz011.github.io/homeassistant/

The type of Home Assistant wouldn’t matter it will work on any iteration of Home Assistant. But yes the documentation is recent.

Ok I will try this documentation :slight_smile:
Ty Jimz

1 Like

It shouldn’t be too hard as I have tried to make it as easy as possible. However if you still get lost, I will post tutorial videos on how to prepare, install and configure somewhere this week!

Glad !
I’m waiting this videos !
For information, during the installation : “Copy the /packages/ folder to the root of your setup”
But you don’t have a /packages/ folder in your git.
I suppose this step is deprecated ?