Homekit - Sharing & inviting others

Hi, I’ve got Apple Home app working with Home Assistant. I want to get it working on another iPhone. When I send the invite through, it arrives ok, but the invited phone’s Home app can’t see the switches/sensors etc that I can see on my Home app.

Any ideas? Has everyone had success in inviting others to their ‘Home’ and able to see the devices via Homekit?

I have a real hit or miss relationship with adding my wife to my home or reminders lists.
Sometimes I have to try her mobile number, sometimes email.
I think iOS 13 just changed how that sharing mechanism works, now you can use whatever sharing method you want, it just spits out a link for the Reminders app, I don’t know if they changed it for Home as well.

Reboot both phones and whatever your Homekit controller is perhaps?

Cheers Keith. I have to say I’ve not rebooted both phones around the same time, but I’ll give it a try. I’ve tried dropping the invite and re-invited but to no avail. I’ll try a mobile-based invite too. Thanks.

Np. It is a pain for sure.
Presence detection works really well so it’s worth the struggle.

Finally Keith - I got this working alright. Part of a general HA setup, but it’s alright now. The sharing works - not sure if iOS 13.x sorted other things out, but it seems to work well. The presence detection works well as you say. Cheers!

1 Like

I am having issues to re-invite my wife to my home in the homekit app. I already removed .homekit.state file and started from scratch. However, after sending the invite, the home app on my wife`s phone tries to accept the invite. But the loading circle keeps loading without any progress. I invited her to another home I am using, which worked fine.

I am running home assistant 0.102.3. Any suggestions? I already tried to reboot each iPhone.

I got it working again. I needed to logout my wife from her iCloud account. After signing in againg, I was able to accept the homekit sharing invitation.

I can’t seem to add anyone to the home. Keeps telling me I need a 4K  TV for HomePod. I remember you used to be able to use an iPad as the home hub but apparently they’ve tskedntkk kk