Homematic Lost connection Detection multiple CCU

I have multiple CCU and want to implement the lost connection detection as documented.

In the automation there is the service homematic.reconnect. Is this service reconnection only the CCU which state causes the trigger or do I have to specify the CCU in the action. If the later than how is this done?

All connections will be reconnected. So you don’t have to provide any additional parameters.

Is there a way to reconnect only a dedicated CCU connection?

That’s not necessary. Reconnecting actually is nothing more than Home Assistant asking the CCU to start sending events again. The CCU that is still sending events will just ignore that message.

I know that this thread is a bit old, but I am looking for a way to add multiple CCUs to Home Assistant. I know that there is Homematic - Home Assistant, but I don’t know how to configure “interfaces”, “rf”, “hosts” and “host” (Homematic - Home Assistant) in such a scenario. Thanks.

I only had trouble with my two CCU and the Home Assistant Homematic integration. At least one of them regularly disconnected from home assistant. Even the recommended reconnect possibilities did not work properly.
Also, if you read the integration documentation carefully add some functionality does not work with multiple ccu.
There were other things such as the naming of the devices I was not happy about either.

Hence, into mqtt and the CCU plugin redmatic. Basically you can setup redmatic to send everything to a mqtt server and configure mqtt switches and others in Home Assistant. This works perfect.

For a large setup with many devices irlt is a lot of copy and paste work but I have started to program a mqtt builder script that generates the mqtt configuration automatically. There is no documentation yet other than within the scripts.
You can find it here https://github.com/dagobert/hass_mqtt_homematic_entitybuilder

I can highly recommend this. Since it gives you much more flexibility.

Hi,
more to your question. In the documentation you can find the example but I agree that it might not really cover this clearly for beginners. You need to douplicate your entries such as

homematic:
  interfaces:
    ip1:
      host: 127.0.0.1
      resolvenames: json
      username: Admin
      password: secret
    ip2:
      host: 127.0.0.2
      resolvenames: json
      username: Admin
      password: secret

ip1 and ip2 or eg. rf in the original example from the documentation are “only” placeholders for your CCUs. You can use any string within the limits of string conventions. You need to use different hosts of cause.
But again, read the section about multiple hosts carefully to understand the limits. For me after first using this integration I switched to MQTT as stated in my other comment because I wanted to have human readable entity names and a reliable connection between HASS and my CCUs. It is a little more writing work and you need to trick some other limitations with the MQTT integrations but it is worth it.

1 Like