Honeywell WiFi Thermostats - failing to connect after upgrade to 0.93.1

Right after the upgrade to 0.93.1, I’m now getting:

ERROR (SyncWorker_7) [homeassistant.components.honeywell.climate] Failed to login to honeywell account xxxxxx

Where xxxxxx is my Honeywell account ID. I’m able to connect directly using the Honeywell app from my cell phone, same ID and password. Neither my ID nor password has changed. It all worked fine before the upgrade.

Suggestions?

I’m having the same issue. I’m in the U.S. and the log seems to be trying to connect via the EU version:

2019-05-17 09:07:43 WARNING (SyncWorker_12) [homeassistant.components.honeywell.climate] The honeywell component is deprecated for EU (i.e. non-US) systems, this functionality will be removed in version 0.96. Please switch to the evohome component, see: https://home-assistant.io/components/evohome
2019-05-17 09:07:44 ERROR (SyncWorker_12) [homeassistant.components.honeywell.climate] Connection error logging into the honeywell evohome web service, hint: HTTP Status = 401, Response = [
  {
    "code": "EmailOrPasswordIncorrect",
    "message": "The email or password provided is incorrect."
  }
]

How is yours defined in configuration.yaml? I have this:

climate:
  - platform: honeywell
    region: us
    username: [email protected]
    password: xxxxx 
    scan_interval: 180

Note that “region” defaults to “eu” if not specified (Honeywell Total Connect Comfort (US) - Home Assistant)

I wasn’t seeing that error, just a failed login.

Update: It’s working now.

I think I know what happened. Shortly after I posted here, I tried the Honeywell web site mytotalconnectcomfort.com. There I got an error indicating an expired certificate, and also got a logon failure message, after a long timeout. I submitted a ticket to Honeywell support.

When I got back from running some errands, and restarted HA, it was working again.

I think they just happened to let their certificate expire around the same time I was doing my HA update. My complaint, and probably many others, prompted them the fix it.

I still haven’t heard back from Honeywell. It’ll be interesting to see whether or not they 'fess up to the mistake. But clearly it wasn’t the HA update’s fault.

It’s this type of problem with third-party server-based systems (e.g.; Nest) which drove me to HA in the first place. Everything I buy from now on will be local!