How do I find container configs in Linux?

I’m a new user to Home Assistant. This software is fantastic. I am running it on an Odroid C4, installed with Portainer & Docker. When I did the initial Docker configuration, I did not set a volume. Under the container’s environment details, it shows the path as “/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin”. I’m running into two questions:

1. If I ssh into my main Linux install (i.e. not docker), where in the world can I find my configuration.yaml file? I figured out a workaround to edit this file (Portainer > Console > vi), but I still have this next problem that arose:

2. I’m trying to set up Emulated Hue (https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/emulated_hue/), and I need to run sudo setcap 'cap_net_bind_service=+ep' /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/bin/python3 Of course I don’t know where to find this homeassistant reference…

Is anyone able to help me out? Thanks for any ideas you’ve got!

1. Since you are a new user (and likely don’t have much configured yet) what I recommend is to just delete your current HA container and recreate it using the proper volume set up so you know where your files are.

2. that command isn’t used for a docker install. it is only used for running HA Core which is running in a python virtual environment (venv) not running HA Container in Docker.

1 Like

Thanks finity. I’ll do that.