How do I get back original overview dashboard?

Hello,

HA noob here but Linux power user here. I have HA OS on a raspberry pi 4.

I was just familiarizing myself with the user interface, and selected the slider for take control. I now have a blank Lovelace UI which I’m done messing with for now. Now I can’t get back to the original overview dashboard where added devices/entities are automatically added to the dashboard. How do I get back to the original stock dashboard at the time of installation? It had a weather app, shows my zigbee and zwave devices, and my single added light in using for testing. I’ve searched config files and don’t find a toggle. I’m fascile with ssh and bash/zsh.

With thanks,
Nathan

Under configuration -> lovelace dashboards, click the + sign

Then click the new one -> set default on this device

Then click the old one -> delete

3 Likes

Thank you very much. Such a quick reply. Where is this documention on this if you know?

I also grepped around the config directory an couldn’t find the title of my renamed Lovelace UI. Where are those configurations kept?

Thank you,
Nathan

I don’t know, but probably in one of the json’s in the hidden .storage directory

Easiest way is to open configure UI, select 3 dot menu again and edit raw config, highlight everything and delete it. when you save you will be back to an auto-generated UI again. This was documented in the release notes a few versions ago and probably in main docs as well I expect.

/config/.storage/lovelace.* contains your lovelace config. There will be one file for each dashboard you have created but you should not be screwing around in there.

7 Likes

Thank you for this info as well.