How to add nedis zigbee climate sensor ZBSC10WT through Conbee II?

–update: no longer a problem for me–
Hi all,
I want to add several additional temperature sensors to my home assistant, in order to monitor the temperatures of different rooms throughout the house. (since it’s an old, not yet insulated house, I though it would be nice to get a nice ‘before’ picture).
Currently i have 1 Woox temperature sensor working (although it took a lot of tries to get it working):
I have HA running on a VM in Ubuntu. I have forwarded the Conbee II USB stick towards the VM, installed DeCONZ (followed tutorial: How To set up deCONZ in Home Assistant - TUTORIAL - YouTube ), and was able to add the Woox temperature sensor in the phoscon environment and then add it by reloading the integration.
Now I have bought more temperature sensors but from a different brand: Nedis Zigbee Climate Sensor ZBSC10WT but unfortunately I cannot get them added.
I think I can see them in the DeCONZ panel when I go to the deCONZ add-on in HA, but in the Phoscon panel the sensor does not show up when I look for it with ‘Add Sensor’.

Note: the working sensor is on the right. The new sensors are shown left and middle. I do not know why 1 of them has a connection and the other not. Neither of the new sensors can be found in phoscon.
My guess is that there is no integration yet for the Nedis brand temperature sensor and that I have to raise this issue at phosco/deconz/conbee. In the mean time perhaps somebody can point me to a guide on how to add these sensors manually? As can be seen in the picture I can actually read the temperature. (it updates).
Any help would be appreciated! KR,
–update–
After removing all add-ons related to zigbee and rebooting I found that there was still Zigbee for Home Assistant (ZHA) running, as it suddenly discovered the conbee II stick. I tried searching for sensors and was able to add all my temperature sensors. I think having 2 zigbee controller apps running together did not work well and it was kind of lucky that I managed to get a sensor working in the first place.

Hi,

Im having the same problem.

Only appears in the deconz page (same page as you shared)

They seem to be a different version of some Tuya device. I got it working through messing with ddf files, but since I am not sure which edit now did the trick and all the difference between VM/docker/… I can’t yet give the final solution.

Anyway to get you on the right track, and what I think made it work. The ddf that needs to be “fixed” is in the tuya subdir of the devices. The file in question is _TZ3000_yd2e749y_temp_hum_sensor.json.

I noticed the device identifies as _TZ3000_fie1dpkm and also shows this TS0201.
So I added the extra name on the manufacturername list and added another TS0201 on the modelid line. Anyway I will get in touch with deConz devs to figure out what is the right way to add support and hopefully get things updated in a while. I hope I will remember to post back here when a real solution is in the works.
EDIT: Found a link that shows a similar edit : Update _TZ3000_yd2e749y_temp_hum_sensor.json · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin@84b0ed1 · GitHub

DISCLAIMER: This stuff is all new to me and I just messed around with it for an hour or two.

I managed to verify and comfirm my fix and made a PR, let’s see if it ever makes it in.

My PR was accepted, so it should work out of the box in deconz 2.20.0 and later.

Hi Philippe, would it be easy to add the same thing for the ZBSC30WT ? Same product from Nedis but with display. I is recognized in ZHA but it will not show any values (temp / humi)
The ZBSC10WT works perfect so thanks for adding that one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Support for ZBSC30WT would be greatly appreciated yes.

Hadn’t logged into the forum for quite a while, so did not notice this earlier. I don’t have a ZBSC30WT handy so I can’t verify the exact details. As I am planning to get a few more to monitor the last few rooms in the house I might look for one of those and see what I can do to make it work.