How to Configure Yaml so i can use Ikea Fyrtur blind in a Call Services node in Node Red

Hi All.

I am running zigbee2mqtt and mosquitto broker integration and I have recently added an IKEA FYRTUR blinds. Within the zigbee2mqtt UI, I can use the “Open” and “Close” buttons as well as the Positional Slider with no issues.

My aim is to have the blind open and close on sun rise/set and to be able to view the status of the blind from my dashboard. I have tried adding the following (as suggested in someone else’s post) to the config.yaml but i cant seem to get this to work either.

template:

• sensor:
    • name: officeShades position
      unique_id: template_officeShades_number_1
      state: “{{ state_attr(‘cover.officeShades’, ‘position’) }}”

Currently this is the only way i can get the blinds to move using a remote setup in Node Red, by passing a JSON state to an
“mqtt out” node.

[{"id":"3debdfa3ccfacd8a","type":"tab","label":"Flow 1","disabled":false,"info":"","env":[]},{"id":"7b63502c822a6a4c","type":"server-state-changed","z":"3debdfa3ccfacd8a","name":"Remote","server":"22f5da40.d3e236","version":3,"exposeToHomeAssistant":false,"haConfig":[{"property":"name","value":""},{"property":"icon","value":""}],"entityidfilter":"sensor.office_remote_action","entityidfiltertype":"exact","outputinitially":false,"state_type":"str","haltifstate":"","halt_if_type":"str","halt_if_compare":"is","outputs":1,"output_only_on_state_change":true,"for":0,"forType":"num","forUnits":"minutes","ignorePrevStateNull":false,"ignorePrevStateUnknown":false,"ignorePrevStateUnavailable":false,"ignoreCurrentStateUnknown":false,"ignoreCurrentStateUnavailable":false,"outputProperties":[{"property":"payload","propertyType":"msg","value":"","valueType":"entityState"},{"property":"data","propertyType":"msg","value":"","valueType":"eventData"},{"property":"topic","propertyType":"msg","value":"","valueType":"triggerId"}],"x":130,"y":160,"wires":[["ada343682d18ef9c"]]},{"id":"ada343682d18ef9c","type":"switch","z":"3debdfa3ccfacd8a","name":"","property":"payload","propertyType":"msg","rules":[{"t":"eq","v":"on-press","vt":"str"},{"t":"eq","v":"up-press","vt":"str"},{"t":"eq","v":"down-press","vt":"str"},{"t":"eq","v":"off-press","vt":"str"},{"t":"eq","v":"up-hold","vt":"str"},{"t":"eq","v":"up-hold-release","vt":"str"},{"t":"eq","v":"down-hold","vt":"str"},{"t":"eq","v":"down-hold-release","vt":"str"},{"t":"eq","v":"on-hold","vt":"str"},{"t":"eq","v":"on-hold-release","vt":"str"},{"t":"eq","v":"off-hold","vt":"str"},{"t":"eq","v":"off-hold-release","vt":"str"}],"checkall":"true","repair":false,"outputs":12,"x":350,"y":160,"wires":[[],["db93562e6e79a67a"],["e2479eb11699024d"],[],[],[],[],[],[],[],[],[]]},{"id":"a91edbff0b0316a4","type":"mqtt out","z":"3debdfa3ccfacd8a","name":"","topic":"zigbee2mqtt/officeShades/set","qos":"2","retain":"","respTopic":"","contentType":"","userProps":"","correl":"","expiry":"","broker":"223aa90313c12535","x":780,"y":140,"wires":[]},{"id":"db93562e6e79a67a","type":"change","z":"3debdfa3ccfacd8a","name":"Open","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"payload","pt":"msg","to":"{\"state\": \"OPEN\"}","tot":"str"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":570,"y":120,"wires":[["a91edbff0b0316a4"]]},{"id":"e2479eb11699024d","type":"change","z":"3debdfa3ccfacd8a","name":"Close","rules":[{"t":"change","p":"payload","pt":"msg","from":"down-press","fromt":"str","to":"{\"state\": \"CLOSE\"}","tot":"str"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":570,"y":160,"wires":[["a91edbff0b0316a4"]]},{"id":"22f5da40.d3e236","type":"server","name":"Home Assistant","version":1,"addon":true,"rejectUnauthorizedCerts":true,"ha_boolean":"y|yes|true|on|home|open","connectionDelay":true,"cacheJson":true},{"id":"223aa90313c12535","type":"mqtt-broker","name":"","broker":"localhost","port":"1883","clientid":"","autoConnect":true,"usetls":false,"protocolVersion":"4","keepalive":"60","cleansession":true,"birthTopic":"","birthQos":"0","birthPayload":"","birthMsg":{},"closeTopic":"","closeQos":"0","closePayload":"","closeMsg":{},"willTopic":"","willQos":"0","willPayload":"","willMsg":{},"sessionExpiry":""}]

Although this gives me basic control it isn’t how i thought it would work. I was thinking that i would be able to setup a “Call Service” node for Open, Close and Position and have that triggered by sun rise/set or remote just light I can with my lights.

Is there anyway i can do this?

Please forgive me but i haven’t programmed at all before and haven’t been playing with home assistant for long at all so you might have to dumb down any suggestions. Thanks for any help you can provide me.

1 Like