How to define a list as a sensor

So, I have a thermostat (not smart), and a smart thermostatic valve onto my heating.
I defined the current temperature and the target temperature of the valve as a sensor, so I can plot them on a graph.

What I would like to do is to plot the schedule of the (dumb) thermostat on the graph too. To do this, I must define the schedule as a sensor…

I have no clue how to do this, or even find the right google keywords :smiley: Can someone help me out?

how do you plan on getting the schedule into HA so it can be used by the sensor?

Well, since it’s a schedule that does not change that often I was thinking of defining it manually as a list of some sort. That’s actually my root question… how should I define this schedule?

As far as I know you can only do it in two ways.

The first is using the built-in template sensor integration which allows you to set custom attributes.

the other is using a custom integration that I use quite a bit and you can set attributes of that variable entity as well.

Either way I think the best way would be to set the schedule as key:value pairs in an entities attributes. But that’s just a guess since you haven’t provided the format the schedule will be in.

Interesting! thanks man! I was indeed thinking providing a key:value pair.

"06:00": "19",
"07:00": "19",
"08:00": "19",
"09:00": "15",
"10:00": "15",

Now, what I don’t know is how I get Home Assistant to understand that he should read this as a shedule, so It can be used as a sensor that changes its temperature value on the provided timestamps.