How to migrate from Alexa and several device families?

Hi Everyone,

I have recently installed HAOS and HA on a generic X86 machine. All is working. Web interface is fine.

Then I have installed ESPHOME and have that working with one ESP32 Devkit running and connected…

BUT: I have several things working now with Alexa:
KASA (Tp-link) ,devices controlled with phone KASA App and Alexa
TUYA devices controlled with SmartLife phone app and Alexa
SHELLY devices controlled with SHELLY phone app and Alexa,

HOW can I migrate all these things to run under HA and not directly under Alexa??

Can I leave the Alexa skills running or do I need to (somehow) delete them??

Any pointers and/or suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

Regards, Terry King
…In The Woods In Vermont and On The Nile in Egypt
The one who dies with the most Parts LOSES! WHAT DO YOU NEED??

You just need to add the integrations for those devices. Once you get those devices into HA, you can disable them in Alexa.
For Tuya, I would recommend the Local Tuya integration. Its available in HACS.

Yes, but it is not easy to migrate the Alexa voice controlled actions

Thanks ‘guys’… I didn’t try this yet; I got off on using ESPHOME to set up a ESP32 with temperature sensor which is the main thing I didn’t have a interface module for.
@woempiej I do not have actions set up in Alexa. I DO plan some automation in HA pretty soon.

Rioch, I need to figure out how to connect to HACS… I have not run things from command line yet… THANKS!

I’m very impressed with ESPHOME. I have done lots with Arduino and now ESP32 but this is an amazing and full featured system.

Regards, Terry

When you’re not using the Alexa voice commands then it is a good idea like Rich37804 says to install all the needed Add-ons/integrations starting with HACS.
When HASC is up and running you can start installing integrations like;

1. Alexa Media Player
  2. Local Tuya

Home Assistant it self provides integrations for TP-Link and Shelly

afbeelding
afbeelding