How to update installed nodes?

Hello,

I’m running Node-RED with python HA. I’m using node-red-contrib-time-range-switch that has been very recently updated to fix a bug. Somehow node-RED is still showing the old version when github has the new one. I tried to update node-RED with no luck.
Is anyone know how the updated nodes are propagated to users? Also is there another way to only update nodes and not all node-RED on Pi? (I did not find anything else than that)

I had a similar issue and used the palette function in Node-Red to remove and re-install the node ( the update function did not detect the new version)

Palette doesn’t allow me to remove a node in use (in several flows).

I will check later when I’m back home. It’s been a while when I did that and I think I disabled the flows before remove and re-install.

the solution was to wait while the new node version was published. You can update node directly from the palette:
update

1 Like

In my case the Update was available in the palette, but it still failed. It only worked when

• disabling the flows using the component (another forum recommended to remove the flow temporarily)
  • updating from the palette
  • enabling the flows again