Howto control/visualisation for curtains (KNX with additional relays)?

Hi all

I have searched quite a lot, tried some things but I guess there might be better ways.

Situation: curtains, already have motors & relays to control them.
So the output of the actuator is linked to a relais and with every pulse opens/closes and the motor is stopped with sensors at close/open position.

With KNX, I can send a close or open command with a HA toggle switch, so this works fine.
I have found the cover integration but it seems this is not applicable for me, but could be wrong since this is all new for me.

Can anyone please give some pointers on how to integrate this?
Later on I would like throw in temps, sun position, clear or clouded to control them.

Thanks a lot!
Nick

Hi!
What you are want to do sounds like the function set of good Knx blind actuators. They would also report the position in % (based on travel time). For what I know the cover integration relies on these status telegrams.

Do you use blind actuators or normal switch actuators? Why is there a Relais in between? The output of a switching actuator is normally a Relais - are your motors 24VDC?

You said you can already control the curtains from HA - so what is left to integrate?

Hi farmio, thanks for stepping in!

The curtains have been motorized in a pre-digital home automation era with a high DIY level (don’t know if this is a good description)
The position of the existing setup, the location of KNX actuators, cabling, … make it such that this is the obvious way.

So I tested with a normal switch HA with that lighting symbol which of course works.
For the misses of the house, who is not tech-savvy at all, I’m looking for a way to provide a control/presentation with a tablet that is just straight-forward.

Therefor I am wondering what options there are for this to make it more ‘idiot proof’.

Nick

If you don’t need it to drive to precise positions, but just fully open and close, I’d suggest you keep the switch and customize it’s symbol.

Yes, the functionality of a switch is all I need for now but just a different representation.

I guess there must be a way to have, for instance a simple curtains icon with arrows in which the icon changes from open to closed curtains with the arrows in different directions, no?

If yes, can you please give me some pointers on how to achieve this?

Thanks, again!
Nick

Anyone?

The control works as expected with the use of switches which also give the right feedback.
Is it possible to change the way these switches are presented by displaying a simplified curtain and changing that icon when the position changes?

TIA
Nick