Hue bulb offline - removed bulb but cannot re-add

Last night I noticed that one of my Philips Hue bulbs was offline. I am new to Home Assistant, so I proceeded to remove this bulb from HA and tried to re-add. Steps I took:

• Ran zha.remove service with the ieee as a parameter. This successfully removed the bulb from the front end.

• Ran zha.permit and tried to re-add bulb via Configuration > ZHA > Add Devices – nothing was recognized

• Turned the bulb on and off 10 times

• Reviewed zigbee.db – no rows in any of the tables had any record of the bulb I removed (this is good, right?)

• Review every file in .storage directory. I did find a record zha.storage. When I delete the bulb from this and restart HA, the removed bulb reappears in this file – is this a problem?

• Did not see removed bulb in any other file in the .storage and .homeassistant directory except as noted above

My setup: RPi3+, Hassbian, husbzb-1 (Zigbee & Zwave controller). I do NOT have a Hue hub.

Any thoughts?

Edit: Turned on debugging. When I turn on the light, I get this:

Edit: Turned on debugging. When I turn on the light, I get this:

2019-08-30 11:58:28 DEBUG (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Received incomingMessageHandler frame with [<EmberIncomingMessageType.INCOMING_BROADCAST: 4>, <EmberApsFrame profileId=0 clusterId=19 sourceEndpoint=0 destinationEndpoint=0 options=8 groupId=0 sequence=35>, 255, -44, 0x7511, 255, 255, b' *redacted ieee value i have chosen to not copy/paste* ']

2019-08-30 11:58:28 DEBUG (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] No such device 0x7511

I was able to resolve. For others that have this problem, I needed to do a factory restore on the bulb, which is done with the hue hub or a hue dimmer (neither of which I own) or hue-thief (https://github.com/vanviegen/hue-thief). I ran hue-thief, but first stopped the home assistant service. Then it scanned all channels, blinked the bulb to reset, I accepted, and it was done. Next I followed the standard setup and it is fine.

Original question on why the bulb was dropped/unavailable remains, but if this happens again, I’ll maybe try and rebooting a few times to see if that helps.

Hi,

I think I have the same issue. But I don’t know how to run hue-thief on my Rpi 2 w/ HassOS.
I logged in via ssh, but python is not installed?
How do I install hue-thief?

Honestly, I don’t recall. I probably followed the instructions in the github link I provided.