Hunter Douglas cover position available but not in lovelace entities card

I have Hunter Douglas (in Europe: Luxaflex) blinds (using PowerView gen 2 hub) that are available in Home Assistant (2021.1.4):
e.g. cover.blinds_1:

current_position: 80
roomName: myroom
friendly_name: blinds 1
supported_features: 15
device_class: shade

I am using an entities card in Lovelace, where I can select “position” as secondary info.
But it literally shows the word position instead of 80% (just in case, also tried with current_position). When using last-changed it works as expected.

Card config (using visual editor):

type: entities
entities:
  - entity: cover.blinds_1
    secondary_info: position
state_color: true
show_header_toggle: false

Single entity works fine. Card config (using visual editor):

type: entity
entity: cover.blinds_1
attribute: current_position
unit: '%'

(note for single entity visual editor uses current_position, and for entities card it uses position although current_position gives the same result)

secondary_info string (Optional)

Show additional info. Values: entity-id , last-changed , last-updated , last-triggered (only for automations and scripts), position or tilt-position (only for supported covers), brightness (only for lights).

I guess your covers are not supported.

That’s why I mentioned that the cover itself supports position in HA,
and the (single) entity card is able to show it.

Unclear what kind of support would be missing in the (multiple) entities card.
Both refer to the same cover entity, and a cover entity has only one way to support position.

I suspect your problem is that your integration uses current_position, which is not the same as position.

I appreciate your help, but the developer information suggests there is only one way to deal with the position property: current_cover_position.

The “only for supported covers” usually means: not all covers have position support. E.g. my garage door cover does not have position support, and as a result: neither in single entity card nor in entities card.

I would assume: if it works for the single entity card (which it does) it also works for the multiple entities card (which currently is not the case).

Actually the source lists these attributes:

ATTR_CURRENT_POSITION = "current_position"
ATTR_CURRENT_TILT_POSITION = "current_tilt_position"
ATTR_POSITION = "position"
ATTR_TILT_POSITION = "tilt_position"

The entities card only appears to support position.

That cover source code shows that ATTR_CURRENT_POSITION is used to get the position and ATTR_POSITION is used to set the position (using service). So, it makes sense that both are mentioned. current_position is what is being exposed as a property (line 206).

But besides that, I wrote this post in the hope that (single) entity card and (multiple) entities card can have the same behavior.

The Hunter Douglas component seems to implement the cover as expected.

For the frontend, I see that hui-entities-card.ts refers to hui-cover-entity-row.ts which in turn refers to hui-generic-entity-row.ts. There I see the reference to stateObj.attributes.current_position if secondary info is set to position (line 121).

In my entities card I am referring to position and in my cover the attribute current_position is available.

Then it could very well be an issue with the entities card. Worth raising an issue here, if there isn’t one already (search first):

done