Hyperion component

Finally installed Hyperion on my CoreElec Box and it works flawlessly.
Saw there is a component for it for HomeAssistant and gave it a shot and integrated it.

Hyperion light component become available, but the turn on turn off is not working. When I press to turn it off the light remains on, and the effects has no effect at all.

Can you guide me what could be wrong?

Are you using the latest version of hyperion? Hyperion NG?

if so it dosnt work with the component in HA, the component needs updating to support it.

I reverted to the old Hyperion for this reason

I’m using CoreElec+Kodi Leia v18 and Hyperion.NG v2.0.0
Tested it last night and it seems like it turns led OFF and it immediately turns back on.
Tried Priority 1, but it is the same issue.

Can it be a Hyperion option problem somewhere? Tried to stay on the default option as much as I could, but I could mistakenly tick something on what I shouldn’t

Could you clarify this? include references? ty

The hyperion component dosnt support the new ng release of hyperion.

It needs updating, I guess the commands are slightly different now, but I dont understand enough python in order to make amendments

1 Like

ah maybe thats why its not working for me, thank ill downgrade today

EDIT; worked right away after downgrade, too bad

The latest release of hyperion.ng now supports the remote, i worked with one of the devs to get it working, there where some missing commands that have now been added

4 Likes

So that means MAYBE we get HomeAssistant to work with Hyperion.NG finally? :smiley:

Yeh it works just fine with ng now, I’ve be using it for the last few weeks.
Only issue with the component is it dosnt pull through the new effects.
I’ll see if I can get some time to raise a pull request to get them updated at somepoint

1 Like

Any special requirement for this to make it work? Someone compiled Hyperion.NG for my coreelec armbox but It still not works for me.

How recently was the compile made? Its only been fixed for a few weeks.

I’d suggest re-compiling direct for the latest source files and then testing again

The fixes where added in the pull request: https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/pull/523

Yesterday:

if you post a message in that forum thread, Paulchen-Panther will be able to help you.
I was working with him to get the HA remote working for me, on .ng. but i’m using a raspberry pi so maybe it compiles differently

Thanks, posted a message there. This is the last thing not working with my armbox, and it would be nice to turn off hyperion without a physical smart switch.

Hyperiond still gives me this from the home assistant web:

[hyperiond JSONCLIENTCONNECTION] While validating schema against json data of ‘JsonRpc@::ffff:192.168.1.100’:[root].origin: missing member

I’ve compiled .NG from source (just now)

Have you figured it out yet? Also, can you help me how did you compile it?

I haven’t really worked with it (I also think I need to resolder some connections to solve some flickering issues).
But on the OSMC forun, there’s a long discussion and tips about compiling the NG version.
Anthrax has a good tutorial that’s worth following:

Keep us updated!
BTW, I’m running Home Assistant on a Vero 4k+, so make sure you compile it for the right platform (you’ll see when you’re there) :slight_smile:
cmake -DPLATFORM=amlogic

Oh, so it is not a Kodi addon, it is a independent service installed on your device.

Yes. compiled it from the source. What hw are you using?

S912 with core elec